Chapter Seven

Image above is Rina

T'ara

Forqo walked up front of here, leading her through the villa to see Master Cadius. She'd been led into hidden places before by men and attacked so she kept alert and heedful in case she was being led to a trap.

They walked up stairs where a guard stood at the top and Forqo whispered slanting his head to make sure only she heard him. "Do not challenge Master Cadius on anything he says. Hold your tongue until he grants you permission to speak. He does not call many to his quarters unless he deems them useful." He paused in the middle of the stairs and muttered, "do you understand me?"

"Yes, Forqo." T'ara could be delicate with her words. She'd done so for many moons now whenever Lord Thad or any of his knights questioned her.

"You call me, Mentor." Forqo narrowed his eyes, towering over her. "You have not earned the right to greet me by my name." He noticed her pivot a step back, disturbed by his mannerism and nearly softened his gaze on her. She couldn't afford his kindness. Not if she wanted to survive.

T'ara grown curious of Forqo's lack of tolerance for her but reminded herself she was stronger than she gave herself credit of. She straightened and dared to ask a question. "Have I offended you?"

Forqo would not entertain her question. "Focus on  the path you're on now."

T'ara did not understand his issue but she wouldn't ask him again. Instead, she reminded him of her circumstances again. "I did not ask to be here." T'ara spoke calmly.

   Forqo gruff under his breath, before turning back to her with dark gold eyes. The guard at the top of the stairwell stared down anxious of their delay but said nothing. "That is what offends me...since you seek the truth."

She glanced at him in confusion. He explained. "Being here; in the gladiatorial villa. It is a privilege. An honor. And you...spit on our honor. I have never care that you are a half-breed. I care of you staining our name and hurting our kind."

She didn't understand how her being here could hurt them. She was an outsider and treated as such. Whatever she did would do nothing to them. But he'd believe it could and Livei had felt the same. Despite her thoughts, T'ara was wise not to speak further.

They continued, walking up steps quietly. A room came into view straight ahead as they walked in, two more guards standing protective of who was inside. The room was filled with rich furnishings, bronze decor and a silk bedding on a round shaped bed and long draped curtains to give the illusion of privacy.

The sound of low pants, disturbed T'ara as she stifled a snarl. Master Cadius stood aside the bed, as a house servant serviced him. She sat on her knees, his trousers down by ankles. One of his hands gripped the back of her head as she sucked on his cock.

Forqo and T'ara were forced to stand silent and listen to him finish. By Forqo's relaxed stance, T'ara concluded he'd walked in on Master Cadius like this many times.

Finished, the house servant stood. T'ara remembered the young woman. She'd seen her a few times, assisting with manor duties and serving the hyenas food. She looked no more than twenty, grey eyes and a frail petite body. The girl looked embarrassed, hiding her face with her dark long hair. Her cheeks flushed and dropped her gaze even further, waiting to be dismissed.

T'ara wished to set her free but knew it was a foolish thought.

Master Cadius pulled his trousers up, waving dramatically at the girl. "Leave us."

The girl left without delay. Master Cadius gave Forqo a narrowed glare.

Forqo bow head and snuck a warning look at T'ara before turning off.