[13]

Duelling Club. What a complete waste of time, yet something about it was slightly exhilarating. And at the mention of paring up, Arabella was quick to seek out Hermione knowing that she much preferred someone to match her own skill.

       Both witches slightly more advanced than anticipated, Hermione and Arabella cast spells one after the other, cautious of the others well being. But, though it seemed that the duo was doing quite well, Arabella could sense eyes burning into her back, and then came the sharp call of her surname.

       "Silvercrest." Arabella lowered her wand turning to the oily professor. "Granger go with Bulstrode." He paired the two girls together, 

"Weasley, come." he beckoned over one of the siblings while Arabella stood beside her head of house. He was off before one of the twins reached her side.

       "I'll go easy on you." Fred Weasley teased, a glint of mischief in his eyes.

       "Very funny, Weasley." Arabella spoke with a crooked smirk placed on her lips.

       "Oooh, using surnames now are we, Silvercrest." his laughter was short-lived as she cast a spell.

       "Steleus."

       "Protego." Fred shielded her spell with a small yawn "Is that all you've got?" he smiled seeing her irritation forming.

       "Tarantallegra."

       Once again he blocked the oncoming spell, "Surprised you know that one." he laughed "You know Ara if you wanted to dance, you should've just asked."

"Titillando."

       "Protego." she waved her wand, the fiery-haired male grinned widely. "You'll be disappointed to know, I'm not ticklish"

       "We'll see about that." he winked, Arabella felt her ears grow warm as well as her face.

       "Aguamenti!" of all spells he did not expect that, the small jet of water hit him in the face, soaking the red head's hair causing it to fall, the collar and front of his shirt drenched. He looked at her with surprise, then laughter exploded from his mouth.

       "Really? Of all the spells you could have used, you use a bloody water spell." he was doubled over now hands placed upon his knees. "Oh, Ara, you are full of wonderful surprises."

       "Finite Incantatem!" Arabella was startled when Snape yelled out the spell. She had been so engrossed 'dueling' Fred that she was unaware of the chaos that was occurring around her.

       Harry and Malfoy were at each other's necks per the usual, and Hermione was almost in a full-blown fistfight with Millicent Bulstrode.

       The club was soon settled around an area, awaiting direction. Lockhart and Snape explaining that they were to learn to block unfriendly spells. At that, Harry has paired with Malfoy once again, this time on their own. Alongside the pair, Arabella was to be paired with Hermione.

       "Do not go easy on her." Arabella turned at the sound of Draco's voice, soon the young students were bowing to their opponents, then off they were. The two Slytherins and Gryffindors shot spells back and forth. It was going a little farther than just blocking unfriendly spells.

       "Brachiabindo!" Arabella yelled, Hermione's limbs were suddenly bounded together tightly causing a look of worry to cross her features.

       Her worry was soon shifting to shock at the sight of a black snake falling between the four students. From the corner of her eye she could see the black robes of Snape swish as he moved to get rid of the snake, but alas Lockhart moved first, hitting the snake with a spell that only lifted it into the air.

       Its black body slithered towards Justin Finch-Fletchley, everyone in near proximity backed away as if the snake itself was the black plague. Before Arabella realized what she was doing, she had moved slowly as to intersect the snake. As she inched closer, it moved its small head back and forth between Justin and the young Slytherin.

       The snake turned away from its initial target and slithered towards Arabella, its body wrapping around her legs. Her body became rigid as she felt its scales rub against her exposed skin. She heard her name but dare not look away from the creature below her. The dark-haired Gryffindor moved slowly, Arabella's grey eyes meeting his, pleading for him to help her.

       Harry's eyes had moved from the girl to the snake, what came out of his mouth was something that shocked everyone within the room. It happened so fast, yet everything moved in slow motion, Snape vanished the snake and ended the meeting. But that didn't stop the on wave of whispers that drowned the young Slytherin and Gryffindor.

       Arabella felt arms wrap around her instantly, a deep blush ran its way across her cheeks.

       "Are you alright?" all she could do was nod as she looked at Harry.