III

Arabella looked around the room, her hands in the pockets of the dark green dress. The tightness in her throat still hasn't gone away, but she felt so weightless. She was floating. She had been focused on one area until looking up at the sound of a knock. She didn't expect to meet a pair of green eyes on the other side of the door. A look of confusion and excitement filled her face before she wrapped her arms around him giving a small laugh of disbelief.

     "It's good to see you.." she pulled away to give him a kiss on the cheek before being pulled back into a hug.

     "I guess I got my wish early." he whispered so quietly she barely caught what he said. Letting her go, he gave a lopsided smile before asking to come in. Moving out of his way Harry looked around the small room seeing her trunk and a couple of bags. "I recognized Cetus so I assumed that you'd be here too." He said before sitting at the edge of her bed, "What are you doing here Bells?"

    Trying to seem unfazed by the events that had occurred earlier that evening Arabella blew a stray piece of hair from her face, "I ran away from home."

That was all he got, at first his eyes widened in surprise before he broke out laughing. His hand running through his mop of hair before he looked at her.

     "You'd think our destinies are intertwined because I guess I've done the same."

     "What are odds." she smiled at him, taking a seat beside him he grabbed her hand. "Did you leave right before a party that was for "you"?" she joked

     "During." he chuckled before squeezing her hand.

Just having him there was helping tremendously, she wasn't alone anymore.

     "I think you've outdone me this time, oh wait." She removed her hand and headed over to her backpack and pulled out a box wrapped in red paper. She handed it to the boy with an excited smile on her face. "Happy Birthday Harry." he looked beyond grateful, his heart was beating with joy.

He had pulled out a small poorly wrapped box from his front pocket. "I know your birthday is awhiles away but I got you this. " 

After Harry had left her room Arabella held her hand against her neck. He had gotten her a necklace. It had a circular pendant with pressed forget-me-nots between the two glass pieces. It was beautiful, she was giddy that he had gotten her something. But what really got her, was how happy he was holding a polaroid camera and a small leather photo album in his hands. She had thought that recording his time at Hogwarts with the photos would be a nice thing to look back on in a couple of years. And the first was of him and her sitting on her bed in the Leaky Cauldron.

     "Ellie? Hey, Ellie are you there?" the sudden sound of the voice made her jump,

     "I thought you lost the ring for a moment." she laughed looking down at the charmed ring on her finger.

      "I won't lie, George misplaced it at the beginning of the Summer. But look who found it." She would feel that Fred had touched the back of his neck, a smile forming on her face.

     "Honestly what did I expect, I'm just glad that I didn't give you the other one too."

      "Hey, Ellie, so a house-elf showed up at the Burrow looking for you...are you okay?" She girl tensed up and she knew he felt it too, that was the only downside of the rings,

     "I'm okay, I promise. Cetus and I...we had to leave but it's going to be okay. We ran into Harry at the Leaky Cauldron actually." the red-headed boy sighed as if he'd been holding his breath, "Cetus is trying to get a hold of a woman who was our mother's friend. Her name is Morena Delacroix. She was mentioned in her journals and she's still alive so maybe she can help. But I don't expect to hear back for a while."

     "Well that's good, but mom is raising up a storm because she was concerned. But I'll let her know. Ellie if you need anything or if you want to come to the Burrow you are more than welcome. Harry as well."

     "Thank you, Freddie, but I think we'll stay here till Aunt Victoria calls back the search party. I'd rather not be taken back after what happened." She tried her hardest not to let the fear creep back, but it was unsuccessful and she knew Fred felt it.

     "Ellie...what happened?"

Part of him wished he hadn't asked but it was too late. She hesitantly got into the horrid events that occurred the evening of July 31st. After she was done he was silent but she could feel his rage.

"That fucking monster." he spits he was so mad, he would kill Boyne if the man stood in front of him. "How dare he hurt you, how dare he even fathom the idea of causing you pain! He's going to pay for what he's done." His jaw clenched, at the moment he sat in his room in silence trying not to make too much of a ruckus as he simmered in his anger. "I'm going to k-" Arabella finally cut him off,

      "Fred...could we please talk about something else.." He could feel her pain, how she was shaking from fear, all by herself. He wanted nothing but to be there for her.

      "I'm sorry. I just- Hey Ellie I just want you to know that I really care about you.." she could tell he was nervous his pulse was picking up.

      "I really care about you too Freddie...thank you for being there."

⬖⬘⬗⬙

So, things are a little out of order timeline-wise but you know what that's okay. I went through and edited a bunch of earlier chapters too. Anyway here's an update lol. Enjoy my friends. I also made a Pinterest board for Arabella so if you want to take a look at that I'll leave the link below. :)

https://pin.it/4n2c3gG