deux

The sound of her heart boomed ferociously against her chest a deafening whistle blurring her thoughts. Tightening her grip around her brother she continued to bury her panicked face into his white button-up, longing to not be separated from the only person she called family. How she longed for Cetus to join her at Hogwarts, but the mere thought seemed almost unobtainable. It took Arabella a whole year of convincing to attend Hogwarts herself. 

          "I don't want you to go..." her muffled voice was barely heard from between the fabric,

          "It's okay Bells...plus you have my address you can write me whenever you want." 

         "I-I know but Cetus what about the ho-" the black-haired boy interrupted her immediately

         "We'll discuss the holidays later Bells, it'll be okay I promise. We don't have to go back." He pulled away meeting his younger sister's grey eyes. That's what Arabella always admired about her brother he always held his emotions in his eyes. And right now she was met with pale blue eyes full of reassurance and hope. "Just try and enjoy the year and make some friends okay?" he gave her a small smile before grabbing her head in between his hands placing a kiss on her forehead. 

The final whistle broke the siblings apart before Arabella grabbed Cetus in one last hug to desperately remember his embrace. She had already been away from him for a whole year after his first year at Beauxbatons and it was a year she dreaded. But it was different now, they were both placed in their own safe haven away from their family. 

         "Go on Bells. Remember to have fun I'll write you soon." he gave her a light push, the brunette grunted softly before looking back at her brother. Besides everything he had to endure, he still maintained the kindest of smiles on his face. Taking one last look at his face Arabella rushed onto the train just as the final call was announced. Just as the doors shut behind her she heard her brother shout. 

          "Love you Bells!" she immediately rushed into the nearest compartment and to the window, 

          "Love you too Cet! See you for Christmas!" she hollered back a smile on her teary-eyed face. She continued to wave frantically till her beloved brother vanished from sight. That's when she finally noticed the students around her. She was in a compartment filled with third years. Her face flushed when she was met with a pair of identical brown eyes. The next thing she noticed was the firey-colored hair. 

          "Heh...sorry about that I'll just be going," Arabella said a little nervously, feeling the eyes of one of the identical faces boring down on her "Um..okay..goodbye." She said hastily before rushing out. 

The moment that her foot hit outside of the compartment the chatter around her ceased. Heads poked out from doors and then a wave of voices hit the young girl like a tidal wave. She could make out two words "Silvercrest" and "Potter" 

As she walked calmly in search of an empty compartment, she paid them no mind, she was fairly used to it. Though she had no idea why people were saying the last name Potter unless the boy himself was aboard the train. 

To no avail, she was about to give up when she spotted one with only two occupants. Hesitantly sliding open the door she gave them a confident smile.

       "Hello, do you mind if I sit, the others are all full?" The girl hadn't looked closely at the occupants until one of them spoke to her

       "Of course not, I'm Ron Weasley." smiled a boy with hair the color of fire similar to the two individuals she encountered earlier.

       "Hey wait, you're the girl I bumped into in Diagon Alley." her undivided attention was now set on a boy with messy black hair, circular glasses, and those green eyes she'd never forget. She took a seat next to the red-headed boy a smile still on her lips

       "I do believe introductions are in order. I'm Arabella Silvercrest." After speaking she was awaiting the gasps that usually followed. Being a Silvercrest was basically being royalty in the wizarding world. Her family was known for their wealth and abilities. But the smallest one only came from Ron, her smile widened when the other gasp never came.

       "Harry Potter."