VII

Arabella gripped her brother tightly a tinge of sadness striking her. She stood at the platform the whistleblowing to signify their nearing departure only to tighten her grip. A frown formed on her face as she pulled away. She was going back to Hogwarts and with that Cetus was heading to Beauxbatons. He smiled down at her his black hair tied in a loose bun with his wand twisted between his locks. He looked just like Padfoot, like their father. 

          "Try not to stress too much about it Bells, You always seem to find the things you need. Even if they don't arrive in the most convenient ways." He chuckled, "But please keep me updated, I'll continue to contact Morena in hopes of getting some answers but at the looks of it she's probably moved locations again." He patted his sister's head with a smile. He really didn't want her to worry, she was too young for that. 

          "I won't." she lied "Plus I'll have Fred and Larken help out. And I'm sure I can find a ghost to give me some details. Worst case scenario Peeves." she rubbed the back of her head. "But I will definitely write, I could borrow Min-a's Owl." she thought of Apollo in that instance and cleared her throat.

          "You could, but I'm sure this would make it easier," Cetus said as he reached into his enchanted sachel. "I know he's not Apollo but he looked like he needed a home. Arabella looked into the cage to see a banded owl as dark as night. He shook his feathers out giving a chirp before settling. A sad frown formed on her face as she took the cage into her hand. 

          "Does he save a name?" 

          "Erebus, the man who I got him from was very excited to find him a home. He said something about him being a literal shadow and finding him in some forest in Greece. Quite odd he was, kept rambling about magical creatures but I guess that checks out as he knew Hagrid." the whistle rang once more signaling its last call. 

          "Thank you, Cetus. Really, thank you. I'll write you when I find something out." She swiftly hugged her brother one more time before grabbing her items and rushing into the train. 

          "Love you Bells!" He called as she vanished into the train, 

          "Love you Cet!" His eyes moved to an open window, his sister was practically hanging out waving frantically. His smile grew as she continued to wave before the train vanished from the platform. He hoped she lived up to her word and enjoyed the year.  

⬖⬘⬗⬙

          After having her luggage taken Arabella went in search of her friends. She had passed the twins but before continuing on her way, she had given Fred a red-letter to ask to meet in the usual spot. After getting teased by George she left the compartment red in the face. It hadn't taken her very long after that to find Larken and Min-a. 

          "There she is Kenny geez you can stop fussing." Min-a huffed from her seat as Larken turned around to see her friend. The Slytherin was engulfed in a hug getting a face full of the blondes mane. Larken pulled away from her, face serious but her amber eyes full of worry. 

          "Min-a told me about your party being canceled last minute, as in guest were showing up and being turned away at the door. What happened Bells?" 

          "It's kinda hard to expl-"

          "You ran away what's difficult about explaining that," Min-a said bluntly. "I overheard father speaking to your uncle. So care to tell us what happened as you didn't bother sending a letter to either of us?" She was upset, and Arabella couldn't blame her. She had gone "missing" with no trace, not even a word.