Chapter 7

My mom had just drove off from my school, leaving me to stand there awkwardly on the curb. I'm finally returning from my two-day-bullshit suspension, and I'm not sure I'm ready to face everyone. They're gonna think I'm some psycho. Lexy probably won't even talk to me.

I walked through the schools giant double doors, and to my surprise, no one stopped in their tracks whispering in my direction or giggling me. They gave me friendly hellos, warm hugs, and some even praised me for beating Amanda's ass two days ago.

"There she is! The one and only Harlow Fitch." Gary Steinberg, a jock in my 3rd period yelled across the hall, then putting his arm around me. Way to bring more attention to me.

"Harlow, you need to show me how to beat the shit out of someone like to did to Amanda." One of the 12th grade stoners smiled at me.

"Um, I'm gonna head to the bathroom real quick." I saw awkwardly, making my way through the thick crowd that was once gathered around me.

Lucky me, who did I come across in the bathroom? Amanda, that little slut. As much as I wanted to punch her square in her fake ass nose, I couldn't afford another 2 days of suspension.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the 'rebellious' Harlow Fitch" She smirked quoting with her fingers. "Isn't that right Lex?"

Lexy quietly stepped from behind Amanda, with fear in her eyes. Amanda was trying to make her turn against me, and I wouldn't let her.

"Lexy, gets go the class." I grabbed her wrist as we made our way out the bathroom, leaving Amanda alone at the counter.

"Thank you from saving me from her. God knows what she was gonna make me do. Probably do her make up or something, or brush her dandruff infested hair." Lexy shivered.

"No problem. Hey, maybe after my date with Dyrek we can-" Lexy interrupted me.

"Speaking of Dyrek..." she smirked and slowly waltzed away as he approached us.

"Hey." He smiled giving me a light kiss on the forehead.

"God, how red are my cheeks?" I said embarrassed.

He giggled. "A bit, but it's cute"

The bell for first period rang and I just wanted it to be Saturday already so I could go on my date.

The day went by before my eyes, and I was home rummaging through my closet looking for the least homeless man looking outfit I could find for my date.

"Harlow?" My mom peeked in my room. "What are you going through your closet for?"

Crap! I honestly had no excuse prepared for this one.

"Uh.. Well we have this play at school and I was seeing if I could put some stuff together for it." That was pretty good, right?

"Oh, well what's the play about?" She asked siting on the edge of my bed. Should've thought about that one too.

"Ancient Greece." I said distantly.

"Do you want me to help-?"

"No!" I cleared my throat. "I mean, no thanks. Mr. Johnson said he wanted us to use our imagination and pick out our outfits out our selves."

"Okay..." My mom said curiously walking out my room. That was close.

After she walked out, I found the cutest long sleeved lace dress that came right above my knee, all the way in the back of my closet. I almost forgot I had it. I set out all my make up and my curling iron on my bathroom counter. I wanted to look as good as possible tomorrow.

By the time it was time for bed, I could barely sleep, since thoughts of how this date was gonna go was circling my head. What if my outfit it too much? Is it a bit slutty? Wouldn't wanna walk around looking like Amanda. What if he stands me up? This is all too much and I honestly don't think I'm ready for tomorrow.