Chapter 4

As I reached to my door step, I tried to open the door as quietly as possible. But of course, it had to make a loud-ass creek, and there's my mother standing right behind it.

"Where the hell have you been?"

She said sternly.

"Mom.. it's only 7:30. Just calm down, please."

"Calm down? Why don't you calm down? Thinking you can just walk in here at 7:30 assuming it's perfectly fine. You know you're supposed to be home 5:30 the latest."

"Okay just let me explain. I went to the brew with a friend to get some coffee and lost track of time. That's it." I said.

"Well, you won't be needing to track time any time soon. You're grounded for a week, no ifs ands or buts." she said.

"Are you kidding me? Thats so freaking unfair!" I was angry.

"Don't raise your voice at me young lady, and watch your tone. Now get your ass to bed. Now." she replied as she walked to her room.

This is bullshit, I thought stomping up the stairs. I'm 2 hours late and she's gonna ground me? It's not like I was at a club stacking cash like most teenagers would've been doing. I had a perfectly understandable excuse. She pisses me off more than anything.

The next day at school I tried really hard to avoid Dyrek, and I could tell he wasn't liking it.

"So, did we miss anything interesting while we were gone?" one of my best friends Amanda asked as she sat at our usual lunch table.

"Actually.. yes. Okay so you know that new kid, Dyrek?" I asked.

"Oh yeah.. the emo one." she said with a look on her face.

"Amanda!" my other friend Lexy exclaimed as she playfully punched her.

"Shut up about that.. you don't know him." I said.

"Well damn. And you do?" Amanda said.

"Yeah. Pretty well actually. Hey I'm just gonna skip the rest of lunch and head to the library. I'll catch up with you guys later." I said as I threw my lunch tray away. I was pretty pissed about how Amanda was being.

"Harlow, please.." Lexy said as I started walking. I ignored her, which I didn't really want too. I was just mad. I love Lexy, she means well. But today I just wasn't in it.

I checked out a book and sat at a table at the library. And of course, who walks in? Dyrek. He comes over and sits across from me.

"I'm not in the mood to talk right now, sorry." I said before he could speak.

"Harlow, come on. You can't pretend that didn't happen last night." he said.

"I said I don't wanna talk about it, okay?" I got up and stormed to the bath room. I was so aggravated.

When I got there, I had a text message from Lexy.

'hey.. sorry about Amanda. she's been bitchy since she came back from vacation. but I really wanted to know what's been up with u. so do u wanna meet at The Brew after school?'

Wait.. I thought Amanda said she was sick? Oh, that bitch is gonna get it tomorrow. I replied to Lexy:

'that sounds awesome but I'm grounded. another long story. maybe u can come over? my mom doesn't get home 'till 8.'

Since I have a free period next, I'm just gonna leave school and go home. Hopefully my mom won't find out since she's at work. I just can't deal with anyone right now.

A/N- Picture of Lexy in the side c: