Chapter 1

*So before I begin, I do enjoy feed back and your opinions, so please let me know what you guys think on my realistic fiction novel!*

My name is Harlow Fitch. I live in San Francisco, California and I'm a freshman at RidgeWood High. I wouldn't say I'm very popular, but I'm not much of a loser, you know? I've dated a couple people I guess.

Besides that, I haven't been with anyone for a while, and I don't have that many friends, just a couple close ones. So, my life's pretty boring I guess. Nothing big has happened. Not yet at least. I'm not the happiest person, but I'm not the saddest. I try to be as friendly as possible.

Oh, remember when I mentioned I've had dated a couple people? Yeah, side note to that: I'm not allowed to date. Yet I do anyway. My mom has this thing where she treats me like a little kid, which she's probably gonna continue doing 'til I leave the house. And my tone makes it seems like I'm okay with it, but trust me, I'm not. It pisses me off.

But enough about me. There's this new kid at school, Dyrek Castles. He's really quiet and shy, and I don't think he really has friends. Plus, he's always wearing a jacket, which is kinda weird. But he's sorta cute, and I've got my eye on him.

"What's your name, dear?" asked the lady in the front office. "Um, D-Dyrek." he replied shyly.

"Well, here's your schedule sweetie, and we'll try to make your time here as comfortable as possible. I'll have someone show you around. Is that fine?"

"Sure.." he said with his head down.

So, I was kinda eavesdropping on that little conversation and butted in.

"Um, I wouldn't mind showing him around, Ms. Marin."

"Oh, how lovely Harlow! Dyrek, this is Harlow Fitch, she'll be showing you around. Now don't worry, she's very friendly and I'm sure you will warm up to her."

"Hello! Harlow Fitch. Dyrek, right?" I asked. He's not really the talkative type.

"Yeah.. Dyrek Castles. Um, could you just show me where my first period class is? You don't have to go through the trouble of showing me around the school. I'll find my way."

"Oh... Are you sure?" I said, a bit disappointed.

"Yeah, please."

"Right this way then..." And I escorted him to his first period class.

[Thank you all so much for reading this far. (: I'll try to submit a chapter every day, so stay tuned!]

A/N- Picture of Harlow in the side!