Chapter 3

I'm pretty sure I've been waiting at this coffee shop for a good hour. Pretty soon I'm just gonna leave.

Or maybe not.

"Harlow! I'm so sorry I'm late. I got a little.. held back. he mentioned oddly.

"Oh.. it's fine. I ordered you a coffee. I'm not sure how you like it so I just

got decaf." I was a little upset he kept me waiting here so long. Isn't that supposed to be my job?

"Wow, thanks. That's just how I like it. Can we sit? I wanna tell you something."

"Okay.." We sat in front of each other at an umbrella table outside.

"So, if I tell you this, you can't tell anyone. I would say you can't stop being my friend, but I wouldn't blame you for doing that." he said.

"Dyrek, you know I'd never stop being your friend. No matter what. Because I really like you- as a friend! haha.."

"Really? That's awesome, because I really like you too. Anyway, if you hadn't noticed, I'm always wearing a jacket. And it's because I self harm. I wear it to cover up my cuts and scars. Yeah, I got bullied to the point where I had to hurt my self. That's why I moved here, hoping it would be better. And it's actually kind of been feeling that way since I met you."

Never in my life have done this, but I broke out in tears, right in front of him. I just had to. That's the saddest thing I've ever heard.

"Harlow, please don't cry, if you don't wanna be friends any more, that's-"

"Are you kidding me?! I know we just met, but I freaking love you. I never wanna stop being friends with you. You're the most amazing person I've ever met. And I really hope you can stay strong for me, because the fact you've been getting better since you met me, makes me wanna cry even more." I said, sniffling.

"Harlow.. You're awesome. I'm really glad I met you. I hope we can be friends for a really long time." he replied.

"Me too." I smiled.

We sat and talked at The Brew for another 2 hours, and to my surprise it got really dark.

"It's getting late, we should get going." I said collecting my things.

"Yeah. Do you want me to walk you home?" he asked.

I looked up and smiled assuringly. "That'd be really nice."

We walked near the lake side in complete silence. It was really awkward and I was hoping one of us would break it soon.

"So.. I've told you about me. Tell me some stuff about you." Dyrek asked. And I'm glad he did.

"Okay. Well I just live with my mom, like you. My dad died when I was 8. I also listen to a lot of rock bands. And.. well yeah. There's not much to know about me. Although my relationship with my mom isn't the greatest. She has anger issues. She hits me and stuff, and then an hour later she acts like nothing happened. I didn't even tell her I was going to The Brew. So I'm probably gonna get hit again when I go home. Or yelled at. And at times it's gotten so bad where I've thought about hurting my self too. But I know that would just hurt my friends. And I wouldn't wanna lose them because I have very few." I explained.

"Oh.. I'm sorry Harlow. Well, if you ever need to get away from there, you're always welcome at my place. My mom doesn't mind guests. But besides that, you should tell your mom how you feel." he said, sincere.

"Yeah, thanks Dyrek I really appreciate it." We stopped in our tracks to hug, which I'm pretty sure lasted a good 10 seconds.

We were about a block away from my house. "Well, my house is just down the street. You should get going before your mom starts to worry. But thanks again." I smiled.

"No problem, any time Harlow."

He smiled and stared in my eyes for about 3 seconds. I was really confused, until out of no where,

he kissed me.

He kissed me for a while. I had no choice but to kiss back. When he finally let go I was in complete surprise. My mouth was wide open and I honestly didn't know what to say.

"Dyrek.." I said, a bit star struck.

"Harlow, I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean-"

"It's fine. I should really get going. I'll see you at school." I said, as I started walking down the street home, leaving him stranded on the side walk.

[To be continued in chapter 4! And don't worry, the chapters will start getting longer.]