Chapter 6

I leaned back on the head board of my bead as I saw my mom back out the drive way.

"This is such bull shit. I can't believe I got suspended just because Amanda turned out the be a little bitch." I said to my self.

"Hey there stranger!" I heard a voice growing from my window.

"Lexy? What the hell are you doing here? You should be at school." I exclaimed as I saw my friend climb throw the window.

"I skipped. I couldn't be there without my best friend. Or with that slut Amanda." She said.

I giggled. "You're a great friend."

"So.. don't get mad. But I kind of invited someone over." Lexy said in nearly a whisper.

"Who..?" I asked a bit worried.

She sighed. "Dyrek-"

"What the hell is wrong with you?! You know we're not talking and things are tense with us."

"Harlow he likes you! What's so hard about that to see? Obviously everything, because you've just been avoiding him for the past week and all he wants to do is talk to you."

"Oh.." I said quietly.

Suddenly, we heard the doorbell ring making me slightly jump.

"I'll get it!" Lexy said as she flipped her blonde curls and rushed down the stairs.

"So... why did you invite me over here again?" I heard Dyrek's distant voice making his way up the stairs.

All Lexy replied with was a smile, as she opened my room door revealing me sitting quietly on my bed. Dyrek went silent and stood in the door way.

"Hi..." I said quietly.

"Hey." He said making his way to my bed next to me.

"Uh.. I guess I'll just leave you two at it then." Lexy smiled slowly closing the door.

"Okay, before I say anything else, I wanted to let you know that I'm really-"

I interrupted his comment with a sincere kiss. Well, it was more of a passionate kiss. He slightly bit my lip, and I was starting to like it. What was I thinking? Why did I even kiss him? I slowly pulled away from his lips to see him in complete awe.

"I-I'm sorry." I said quietly.

"Don't be." He smiled.

"Why don't we start over?" I asked

"Okay. Let me take you out to dinner this weekend." he suggested.

"Oh, I don't know if I can. You know how my mom is about that kind of stuff.

"Yeah, I do. that's why I'm gonna sneak you out. Right before your mom goes to bed, pretend you're sleeping, and when I'm outside I'll text you and you just climb out your window."

I giggled. "Okay, I'm up for a little rebellion."

"Cool. I'll see you Saturday." he smiled, making his way out my room.

I could feel my face turning cherry red, and I began hysterically giggling in my pillow. I was about to go on an actual date, with an actual boy.

Once I heard the front door close, I heard someone dashing up the stairs, and burst into my room.

"What happened in here?! I saw Dyrek walking out smiling from ear to ear." Lexy exclaimed.

"Well... we kissed. I said still smiling."

"Oh my God! How was it?" She screeched.

"Better than the first time actually. And we're going on a date on Saturday."

"You? Harlow Fitch. A date. Uh, have you met you're mom?" Lexy asked.

I laughed. "Yes, that's why I'm gonna sneak out."

"Ohh, taking a little bit of my bad girl advice." She smirked.

"Yeah, and I-" I stopped in my tracks, and so did my heart, when I saw my moms Cadillac SUV pull up in the cobblestone drive way.

"Is that?" Lexy asked freaking out.

"It is!" I exclaimed stuffing her into my closet and hopping back into my bed with my oversized math text book on my lap.

"Hey honey." My mom said as she cracked open my door. "Are you catching up on all your make up work?" She asked.

"Yeah..."

"Okay... I just forgot my purse here. I'll see you later." She said as she slowly closed my door. A wave of relief washed over me as I saw her back out the drive way.

I heard Lexy stumble out the closet to the ground. "Uh, so I'm gonna get going." She said fixing her self. "I don't think I can miss any more days of school so I won't see you until Monday." She smiled.

"Okay, later." I waved as she made her way out my window.

Later that night, all I could think about was the amazing date I was going to have, only two days from now.