Chapter 2

It's lunch time, and I'm sitting all by my self since my two best friends Amanda and Lexy decided to be 'sick'.

"Hey, would you mind it if I sat next to you?" I asked Dyrek as I approached him with my tray in my hand. He looked really lonely.

"Sure.. So, I'm sorry if I came on kind of rude yesterday, I guess social interaction isn't really my thing." he replied.

"Oh, it's totally fine, I understand. So tell me about your self. Where're you coming from?" Wow, I really hope he doesn't think I'm a creep.

"San Antonio, Texas. My mom and I kind of just wanted to start fresh. But besides that, I'm 14, and.."

"And...?" I asked.

"Well, you're gonna think I'm weird."

"No, I won't! I don't judge people, I like them for who they are. Now tell me." I smiled. I think I'm blushing. This kid's really adorable.

"I listen to rock music. You know, rock bands and stuff. I got bullied at my old school for it. People just thought I wasn't normal. So I can understand if you wouldn't wanna be my friend-"

"Are you kidding me?! You're amazing! You're really cool and nice, and those people who bullied you are douche bags. Rock music is awesome, the best band is Of Mice & Men."

I'm pretty sure I got a little too excited there. But.. I really like him. Like, like like him. I really wanna get to know him more.

"Are you serious? They're my favorite. Wow, you're only like the second or third person I've met who likes them. You're a really cool girl, Harlow. I'm glad I met you." he smiled.

"Aw, that's just about the nicest thing any ones ever said to me! Hey, do you wanna hang out after school? Go to The Brew or something?" I asked.

"Sure! That sounds fun. I'll be looking forward to it."

He replied enthusiastically. Probably the most enthusiastic words that came out his mouth since I met him.

[Stay tuned for chapter 3!]

A/N- Picture of Dyrek in the side bar