Chapter 6. Sleepover

Start from the beginning

"Holly it's raining outside." She whined.

"It's a dare you gotta do it. You can wear my fluffy pyjamas and blanket once you come in if you would like?" I persuaded.

"FINE!" Beth yelled giving in.

"Beth no you can't seriously do this you'll get hypothermia or something." Jack warns.

I smirk at Jacks protective instincts kicking in. I look between him and Beth and feel as though I can just see a string of love hearts and heart eyes attached to the both of them. I've known Beth forever and I have never seen her act this way around anyone before. It honestly made me question how they weren't already dating.

"I know, but a dare is a dare and I don't give up. Come on." She finally says walking towards the door.

I unlock my front door and she ran outside. Jack stood impatiently against the doorframe, arms folded and tapping his foot as he watched her. I stood beside him laughing at my best friend actually going through with this. And Rory stood behind me, right behind me actually, his hands rubbing my arms gently as he placed his chin on my head. Jack didn't seem to notice this action as he was too engrossed in watching Beth.

I think Rory was trying to heat me up because it was freezing with the door open however the touch of his soft fingertips caused my body to become covered in goosebumps. I smiled up at him over my shoulder before turning my attention back to Beth.

"Your neighbours are going to think I'm either drunk, high or mentally unstable!" She shouts over the sound of the rain battering off the ground.

"She can come in now right? That's been like two or three minuets." Jack nudges me.

"You're so protective of her, it's cute." I smirk to annoy Jack. "Beth come in!" I shout to her.

She runs over and when she's back inside and the door is locked again, I finally look at her properly. She is stood there, shivering and dripping wet. Her hair is darker than usual and her pyjamas are literally sticking to her. Her toes and fingers were literally red from the cold.

It was then I felt bad that I may have allowed get to stand there slightly longer than intended because I melted into Rory's touch and didn't want it to end.

"Holly." She mumbles through her chittering teeth.

"Yeah?"

"I hate you."

We all burst out laughing and I run upstairs to look her out some warm pyjamas, fluffy socks and a blanket. I also left a big fluffy warm towel out for her to dry off with. When I came back down to see where she had went, I saw Jack holding her to his chest tightly, hugging her to warm her up. Rory wasn't there so I presume they were having an alone moment.

I gave them a second before I came fully down the stairs, thudding my feet intentionally so they would hear me. They both pulled away from one another and Beth smiled at me, already going to walk upstairs.

"Everything's on my bed."

She thanks me and goes upstairs and I heard Rory talking in the kitchen so I presumed he was on the phone. I turn to look at Jack who is sitting on the couch scrolling through his phone.

"You need a dry T-shirt or..." I tease him.

"I think I'm good thanks." He laughs, cheeks flushing a baby pink colour at my words.

"Awww you want it to smell like Beth." I continue.

"Oh god no of course not, that's so creepy. It's just that it's not even that wet, it'll dry in a second." He rolls his eyes and lowers his head, trying to hide himself blushing.