Chapter 19

I am such a horrible human being. I totally forgot about uploading this chapter and the epilogue for almost 3 months! I'm so sorry that my stomach aches thinking about how you guys had to wait this long for another chapter.

I'm a so so so so so sorry for that! I will post these last 2 chapters of this story today. IT WILL FINALLY BE DONE! I hope you all are still with me and didn't end up leaving cause of the wait.

Anyways here is the long awaited chapter! Enjoy 💜

It was so sudden that I had no time to react. One minute it was just Morgana in front of me when she seemed to vibrate and then Arthur was in front of her...

(Merlin's POV)

Time seemed to slow down as the sword goes through both Arthur and Morgana. Scared, I yank it out just as fast as it went in. As Arthur falls, I catch him in my arms, leaving Morgana dead on the ground behind him.

"I-I-I..!" I stutter, as tears stream down my face.

"I-It's alright Merlin," He says, looking up at me smiling, "You did it. You saved Camelot."

"It d-doesn't feel t-that way!" I say, crying some more.

"I-I am so- so proud of you Merlin." He says, bringing his hand up to my cheek. Smiling brightly at me, he suddenly goes limp in my arms.

"No no no no no no!" I say, "Hey, wake up! Don't leave me!"

He opens his eyes slowly, obviously struggling to keep them open.

"I-I'll try." He says.

In desperation, I place my hands on Arthur's wound. I was out of time, what can I do. Suddenly a spell pops into my head.Beginning to chanting the spell, I knew would heal him. Knowing my own condition, it was most likely fatal. But all I could think of was my own destiny and keeping my Arthur safe; so I continued.

  "Gestepe hole! Þurhhæle"  

Finishing, I see Arthur's wounds close up. Smiling, I lean in and do what I had wanted to do for some time now.

I kiss him on the lips. Arthur seems surprised by my action but I'm alright with that.

I feel tears go down my face as I feel my body go heavy and limp. I smile as everything goes black.

(Arthur's POV)

Trying to keep my eyes open for Merlin, I see him smile sweetly. I smile back, when he closes his eyes and starts to chant a spell, keeping his hands on the wound. Widening my eyes, I realize too late what he was doing. When he finished, I felt no pain and my energy came back as if I had no injury. Merlin then leans forward and kisses me. I'm shook by the sudden kiss when suddenly he goes limp and falls onto me un-moving.

Looking at him more upclose, I see that his back and front scratches had reopened and had been bleeding alot, making his shirt, and now myself covered in blood. His face and arms had scratches and bruises from being thrown across the room multiple times. His eyes were closed and his stomach weakly went up and down, hearing Merlin wheeze after every aching breath.

"Merlin?" I question, scared seeing him in this state. "Merlin!"

"You aren't dying on me now! Not after all this!" I state, getting up and running out of the throne room with Merlin in my arms, leaving Morgana's dead body in the throne room.
Around me, I saw that the war was over. Word must have been heard that Morgana was defeated so they fled.

Heading to Gaius's chamber, I rush in surprising a disoriented Gaius.

"Merlin is dying!" I state quickly, placing him onto an empty patient's table.

"W-what happened?" he questions, examining him.

"He healed my wounds, but I fear his body has taken too much."

He nods, as he quickly goes to his spell book to look for a spell to use. Seeing one he goes to Merlin and chants the same spell Merlin had done for me.

"Gestepe hole! Þurhhæle"

Nothing happened as Merlin's breathing became shallower and shallower.

Gaius doesn't waste any time and does it again. This time it seemed to be working. Merlin's body began to heal in front of my eyes. His scratches and bruises healed up so fast I had just blink and they were gone.

Afterwards Gaius looked tired, so I directed him to a chair.

"I'm not as young as I used to be." He says, once he sat down.

"Why isn't Merlin waking up?." I ask worriedly, looking at Merlin's unconscious state.

"His wounds may have been healed, but we don't know what wound he may have yet inside his body. He may need to heal from that before he awakes." Gaius looks at me, comfortingly, "I will need to feed him in the days ahead, cause I see that he doesn't look to have eaten much while he was missing."

I was about to explain what happened but Gaius lifted his hand saying, "There is no need for explanation. That is all in the past and Merlin is here now safe and sound."

I smile, now looking at Merlin.

"You could help me if you want." Gaius pipes up. I look at him, then to Merlin, and smiles.

"I could tell you wanted too. Seeing the way you look at Merlin, I know he will be in safe hands." He says, looking to me.

"Uh- I-"

"I accept it Arthur, there is no need to be awkward about it to me." Gaius says, smiling.

"Thank you." I say, overjoyed.

Sitting on a chair beside Merlin I grab hold of his hand. Merlin is home and safe. That is all that matters to me.

THE END~

Ahhhhh!!! It's sad that it's over!! I really hope you guys enjoyed this book! Don't forget an epilogue will be posted soon. Thank you for sticking with me.

Also thank you new readers that found this book recently and didn't have to wait for this to come out. I'm thankful that people are still reading this so thanks.

Question: What do you normally eat for breakfast every morning?