Chapter 9

I hope your all having a wonderful day :) <3

Shoutout to Merlinstories for being the first to comment :) Thank you <3

Enjoy!

(Merlin's POV)

That night was a sleepless one. Why did I use my magic in front of that sorcerer? For all I know, he could have told someone. Lying there, my heart wouldn't slow down. I couldn't get myself to fall asleep. After trying for what felt like hours, I get out of my bed and decide to take a walk to clear my head.

Careful not to wake Gaius, I head outside, into the cold morning breeze. The sun was just rising over the ground, making everything have a hue of red, yellow, and orange. Sighing, I don't walk far but by Camelot's walls.

You're okay, Merlin, no one besides Arthur and that sorcerer know of your magic. The witch finder is gone, and life is going to go back to the way it was.

My mind races in my head just thinking about these things. I was wide awake, but I felt tired all the same. Not being able to stay in one spot, I decide to go wake Arthur, seeing as it is almost that time already.

-

"Rise and shine..." I say, as a huge yawn escaped my mouth. My arms stretch out widely to the sides, stretching my tired muscles.

I hear Arthur groan cutely, and try to snuggle in his blanket some more.

"Come on you need to get up!" I say, "You're scheduled to be at a meeting today."

"Just let me sleep a while longer." He mumbles under the covers of his bed, closing his eyes.

"I'm sorry Arthur, but you must get up." I say, not wanting to wait for Arthur to get up on his own. I use my magic to begin taking the blanket off of the sleepy Arthur. He grunts, and then grabs the blanket, trying to keep it on him, but fails, leaving him lying on his bed without a blanket to cover him.

"Merlin!" He whines.

"Out of bed with you."

"Are you my mother or something?" Grunts Arthur, as he sighs in defeat and then slowly crawls out of bed.

"Um, Merlin?"

"Yes, Arthur?"

"Where's my breakfast?"

"I-I'll go get it..." Leaving, I bring my right hand to my forehead and smack it. How could I forget Arthur's breakfast! Stupid paranoid mind to have kept me up all night.

-

"Merlin, you seem off today." Says Arthur, as I am putting his armor on.

"How so?"

"You just do." He says, I chuckled, "Out with it!"

Sighing, I knew I couldn't keep this from him for much longer.

"After the sorcerer was brought to the dungeons, I may or may not have gone there and exposed my magic to him." I blurt out.

"Merlin-"

"What? His chains were off and he took me by surprise when he through me back. Then he was choking me, and I may have used magic to free myself, and make him fly backwards in his cell." I say, looking down, not wanting to see Arthur's face.

"Merlin." I don't respond, "Merlin." he states a little louder, grabbing my chin and making me look up at his eyes.

I gulp.

"The sorcerer has been sentenced to death for this afternoon. He won't have time to ever spread any gossip, trust me."

I nod, relieved by this information.

•This story is going really well. Thank you to all the feedback, you know who you are, that his been given and just the fact that it's being read is an accomplishment in its self.
If you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to leave a comment and vote!

Question: What did you get for Christmas this year?

UPDATE: Edited Jan,9/18