Chapter 38

Kai's eyes widen but then he regains composure and nods, "I understand. I will protect the water clan and I promise to integrate the fire clan back into our society."

Oum was walking in the garden area with you when he just hugged you. You stiffen up in surprise and you feel him trembling.

"Please don't go F/n. I don't want to lose you. You are everything to me. If you leave me, I don't know what I will do." You relax a little and hug him to calm him down.

"I won't leave you," you say in an effort to keep him calm. He holds you tighter.

"Promise me. I don't want you to leave me," he says in broken words. You pull back from Oum and look him in the eyes.

"...I promise." You two go back inside. You run into Alia and Teron and Alia's requests that she and F/n sleep in the same room.

"You have been getting quite attached to my bride haven't you," Oum say irritably.

"Don't be jealous," Alia says, "I always wanted to have sleep overs. Like hell am I letting my opportunities pass by."

"Can we share the same room? I do want to talk with Alia about the future of the fire clan and what courses we should take," you say trying to get his approval.

"Fine," he agrees begrudgingly. Alia takes you to her room and starts explaining the plan.

"You need to get him alone. Teron, Kai and I will then pacify him and you get the stone and burn it. This needs to be done perfectly. If not, we are all are screwed."

"I understand," you say, "When are you planning do this."

"Tomorrow."

"So soon," you say shocked, "Why?"

"It has been less than a day, he is already suspecting us. The longer we stay, the more suspicious we become." You understood why Alia wants it so soon.

"What about Oum's parents? How do they feel about this?"

"They are beyond doubt upset but they understand it is for the greater good for all."

"It must be painful watching your child change into someone else."

"It happens when people are given great power," Alia sighs, "And with great power comes with a price. In Oum's case, it was his sanity." You look down and Alia says gently, "Sleep. We both are going to need it." You nod and go to sleep preparing for tomorrow.

You had gotten Oum alone and were walking in the garden area when you stop. You were in the area that Alia told you to go and was waiting for them to start the attack. Oum remained unaware of the situation when he felt water dripping down on him. He looked up and you started running away. Oum reached into his pocket but before he could, he was hit with a slash of air. He let out a yell and started looking for Alia. His suspicions were correct, they were trying to take F/n away from him.

He then reached into his pocket and took out the bloodstone. He looked for you and found your figure and forced you to freeze. When you were stuck he started being more alert in hopes of finding Teron or Alia. He was shot with water out of no where but he had enough focus to keep you still. Finally when he found Teron, Alia caused him to go unconscious. You were unfrozen and free. You walked up to Oum quietly and picked up the stone.

Edited by Audballlllll