Chapter 1

It was late at night and you were in your room reading a book when your father came in. Your father was rather tall and had very dark red hair and had yellow eyes that blazed like the sun that underneath, had wrinkles. He was also a very calm and nice man, who took his job as clan head very seriously. You stood up and walked over to your father.

"Evening dad," you say with a smile.

"Evening F/n," he replies.

"What brings you here this late at night?" you see him sigh, he then gestures you to sit down on your bed.

"F/n we have gotten a letter from the clans," instantly the smile you had on your face vanished, and was instead, replaced with a scowl.

"Why?"

"Apparently, the water, earth and air clans have the clan heirs meet up and visit each clan and renew their peace treaty to symbolize unification. They have invited you to join them."

"It could be trap dad. I don't trust them."

"They said they would provide guards for you."

"So, it's detainment basically."

"F/n-"

"Dad, they see us as monsters and they only see monsters. It has been like that for over a hundred years!" you yell, "We only cause destruction in their eyes. Because of this, we can't go even outside without constantly worrying if we will come back unscathed, or even alive! The only good thing they've ever done for us is staying away from our territory. This stupid treaty thing is even threat to that! I refuse."

"F/n, do you believe isolating us will help our clan, that it will erase hundreds of years of hatred? It is because we never reached out to them in that time period that it escalated to something near irreversible. F/n, this is our chance to show them that we are not monsters. Our chance to show them we are people with an amazing ability. Our chance to fix a mistake made a long time ago."

You look silently down at your lap. Your father puts his hand on your cheek to make you face him before silently hugging you. "Now F/n, this is your decision in the end and whatever you pick I will respect," was all he said before getting up. Before he leaves, you grab on to his shirt.

Quietly you tell him without looking up, "Send them a letter saying I will meet their guards at the border."

Edited by Audballlllll