Chapter 18

You were wearing a cape. You and the rest of the group were going out into the town. The time in between wasn't the most pleasant. You could see the resentment in their eyes. You did your best to hide your real feelings. Everytime they said something crude to you, you wouldn't bat an eyelash and just smile. When they so happened to "forget" your meal during dinner, you simply said you weren't hungry.

You waited for Oum to get you. He arrived and soon you are in the town. People were glaring at you and ignoring your presence. You didn't bother talking to them because you knew it would make no difference. They insulted you and your clan.

You could see the sad and pitying glances the three gave you. As you were walking, you were drenched with water. You look up and see two girls, roughly around your age scoffing.

"You know fire, if doused with water, disappears. It is a shame she didn't," one of them says. The other laughs. You see that Oum is about to say something, but you gently grab his arm.

"I'm fine," you say with a smile. Oum opens his mouth to speak but closes it. He then takes your arm.

"We are going back home."

You are in your room drying yourself. As the water evaporates, you notice something wet slide down your cheeks. You were crying. There was only so much a person can take. This was all too much for you. You just wanted to sign the treaty and go back to your home. You wanted to be with you family. You wanted to be where you felt safe.

You heard the door knock. You wipe your tears and dry up as fast as you can as you open the door. You see Oum who has an apologetic look on his face. When the door closes he begins apologizing.

"F/n. I truly apologize for the actions of my people. Tomorrow, I will make it known that-"

"Oum." You cut him off. "It is okay... old habits die hard."

"But-"

"You were like them once. With time, things will change. Right now they aren't mentally prepared for it. I was wondering if we can hurry up the treaty process? Let them be aware that we mean only peace. Afterwards, maybe on another day I can go and walk the streets."

Oum looks at you before hugging you. "I will see what I can do." Oum leaves to find Alia and Teron.

When he does, he sees that they are with his parents.

"I heard from Alia what happened," Oum's mother said, "How is the girl doing?"

"Fine. Alia, Teron we need to talk." The two get up and follow Oum. Oum explains what you requested.

"I wouldn't blame her." Alia says.

"We can sign it tomorrow morning and leave there after." Teron states.The trio falls to an agreement. Soon after Alia and Teron leave, Oum summons a guard.

"Bring me the two girls who doused F/n in water."

"But sir, I don't see why-"

"Had she been a woman not of the fire clan, would you have obeyed my orders without doubt?" The guard remains silent. "This is no different. Just bring them to me." The guard bows out and walks off to find the women who harmed you. "I promise you F/n, I will protect you from those who hurt you. And to those who have, they won't even think twice about doing it again."

Edited by Audballlllll