Chapter 9

It was finally the next day. You were scheduled to meet the current air clan head, Alia's father. Alia was to come get you as you didn't fully trust the servants here. As you were waiting for her arrival, you hear a knock on the door.

"Enter," You say as you believe it is Alia. It is Oum though. You roll your eyes and glare at Oum, "Why are you here?"

"I need to speak with you," he says.

"About what? How I am a monster? How you hate my clan without justification?"

"I have a reason okay!" He shouts. You still glare at Oum. He sighs and makes his way towards you, "Did Alia tell you the real reason as to why you are here?" You shake your head no," All my life I grew believing your clan were the bad guys. That they wanted to wipe us out for power. Teron one day came to visit and he showed me a journal he found. He said it was from the time when the war was happening. I decided to read it as most information about it was lost with time. The journal was from a man of the water clan who was seeking refuge. He wrote that the war never would of happened if the water clan wasn't so keen on getting power and how the fire clan tried and stop it."

"Did they say anything about the reason as to why we wanted to wipe out your clan." Oum stayed silent. You could see it was difficult for him to speak of this subject. Finally he broke the silence.

"The people who were killed had some sort stone that was able to amplify there ability to control water. Water comes in many different forms. One of which is blood. Blood is the one aspect of water we cannot control unless we had those stones. They were controlling the bodies of others against their will. As of today, whereabouts of the stones are missing. They might of been destroyed during the war."

You finally knew what the war truly was about. Your people went to war in order to protect Haven. You realized also why your people were considered the bad guys, it was because of the massacre of people from the water clan. It probably gave them the ability to play the victim since there main source of ultimate power disappeared.

"The reason I didn't tell you this is because Teron and Alia are the only other ones that know. If the other clans find out-"

"Your clan will be faced with the same things my clan has been going through." Oum silently nods. You were rather angry. You weren't angry at Oum or the water clan. You knew they were not to blame. You were angry at his ancestors. They were the one to blame. "Well your secret is safe with me. I won't tell a soul," Oum looks rather shocked, "You felt conflicted hearing that your clan was truly the one at fault. You are scared that you will be blamed. I know what it is like to be hated for something you can't control or change. So now that is out of the way, I hope you will look at me in a better light," You stretch out your hand to Oum. He looks at your hand and then you and finally shakes it. You smile. You could tell Oum still has some bad feelings towards the fire clan but you were making progress with him.

Edited by Audballlllll