Chapter 14

You had arrived at the earth clan. It looked very much like the forests around you. You also noticed the houses and building built around the vegetation instead of on top of it. You didn't don your cape because you wanted to see how they would react. Teron had told you they haven't spoken about the fire clan for years.

While walking around the town, the people made polite bows and carried on with their tasks. Not one focused on you directly. A child was playing with a kite when he bumped into you. He looks up at you. "Sorry." he says before continuing to play again. You realized something. The earth clan not once hated the fire clan. They never cared enough to do so.

You make it to Teron's home and is greeted by his family. You find out then that Teron is an only child. His parents seem much like Teron.

"Greetings children. I see we have a new one among your midst." Teron's father says.

"My name is F/n of the fire clan." You bow.

"I am Tamias, the current clan head," he responds, "I've heard a lot about the fire clan. It is one thing to hear it from an outsider, but another to hear it from the actual clan. Would you care to tell me how your clan is?" You smile and talk about your clan. Soon the discussion goes to what you intend with the earth clan and how you are set to meet the citizens tomorrow.

You are going to your room, but before you do, you tell Teron that he doesn't have to guard you. When you are in your room, you hear a knock. You open the door and see Oum.

"What brings you here?" You ask.

"Um well, you see." Oum stutters. "I wanted to see how your burn was doing." You laugh as you see his cheeks go red.

"It is fine," you reply, "Do you want to come inside?"

"If you insist," he says, walking in. The two of you talk about the plans for tomorrow. The conversation turns to the water clan.

"Your clan, they terrify me," you say.

"Why?"

"They see us as monsters. You did too."

"But you changed my opinion."

"That was because you knew something they didn't. Besides, you know me ways they won't ever know," Oum goes silent. Finally he speaks.

"F/n," he says with a serious tone. "I promise, when we get to the water clan, I will protect you."

Edited by Audballlllll