Chapter 30

You were in the dining hall waiting for Oum's parents to arrive. You were with Kai and Oum. When they arrived you finally begin to eat. After a while you finally begin to tell then your decision.

"I have decided to stay as the bride of Oum," you state as Oum's face lights up, but his parents have a mix of emotions. "But, I do request that my parents are informed and the engagement is kept a secret until the water clan is more used to my presence."

"I agree," Oum's father says, nodding. Soon the meal is over and you are walking to your room when Oum hugs from behind.

"I am so happy F/n. We can finally be together," he says closing his eyes. Gently, you remove his arms and turn to face him.

"I am saying this so there are no misunderstandings in the future. I didn't stay for you, I am staying so my clan will be integrated back into society. Oum you are nice person but I don't share the same feelings you have. If you will excuse me, I need to write to my parents." You run off before Oum could protest.

When you are out of Oum's vision, he slams is fist into the wall. The hit left a small hole on the wall and blood on his knuckles. Slowly he removes his hand from the wall and stares at it, running his hand through his hair.

"You don't know of the restraints you have on me F/n. You don't truly understand my feelings. But you will eventually." Kai was walking down the hall when he saw Oum punch the wall. He was going to ask why but stopped short when he saw him mumbling to himself. That wasn't the reason why he stopped. It was the look in Oum's eye that stopped him. Kai turns around and begins walking back the way he came.

You had finished writing your letter. After you had sealed the envelope you begin thinking about what was going to happen now. If you married Oum, you would be forfeiting you position as the future clan head since you wouldn't be able to properly look after your clan. The position would probably go to your brother but he is more rash and less experienced due to his age. You also wondered how your parents are going to react to you getting engaged without telling them.

Marriages in your clan were a big deal. You didn't know the marriage customs for other clans but for you, to be engaged, you must go to the parent or parent figure of the person you intend to marry and ask for their hand. If agreed, the parent or parent figures will plan the wedding and give the blessings allowing the union. Since marriages are considered scared for families, it is important that parents plan everything since they are giving way their son or daughter away to create a family of their own. You had broken the tradition by agreeing to do this.

You hear a knock on the door and when you open it you see Kai.

"Hello!"He says cheerfully, "May I come in?" He asks. You nod and allow him in. "Is this the letter?" he asks, noticing it on the desk.

"It is," you say nodding.

"Your parents are going to be in for a shock aren't they?" he laughs and you stay quiet. "Hey F/n, if you don't want to you ca-"

"It is fine Kai. I already made my decision to do this."

"But you are basically signing yourself away to a clan that hates you. Can you really say you are going to be okay?"

"I don't know, this is for my clan, I have to protect them. If doing this will help them, then I see no problem in it. I mean you would do the same thing , wouldn't you?" you ask and Kai nods.

"Well, I am on your side." He walks over to the letter and picks it up. "I can send a messenger to deliver this if you would like."

"Much appreciated," you smile and Kai soon leaves. You are then left alone in your room. This was not going to be easy. It is going to be stressful, depressing and painful for you, but you try to prepare yourself for this. Sadly though, no matter how hard you tried to stay standing tall, someone was always looking for a way to knock you down.

Edited by Audballlllll