Chapter 28

Oum had a forced grin when you said that. He looked like he was struggling to maintain composure.

"I am sorry F/n, but could explain to me why?" You look at the guards that were glaring at you, and then turn to Oum.

"Our clans haven't reached an understanding yet. There is distrust right now. My presence in your clan will make things worse." You say. You tried to be polite as possible as you genuinely wanted to be on good terms with the water clan. "Perhaps when we get to that understanding, I will visit." You say with a small smile. You used your clan as a way to turn down his offer when in reality it was because you didn't want to go.

"F/n. If it is about safety I can-"

"Oum." you cut him off. "This isn't a matter about safety. It's a matter about mentality. You might be okay with my presence. Your clan isn't ready for that."

"Which is why we need to try." Oum grasps your hands. "F/n. Please come with me. I've talked with my parents and the people who work under me. They understand now. They may not be happy with your clan but they understand why I am doing this. You just need to come. When you came last time, you didn't interact with others and kept to yourself. I believe when they see how you act once comfortable, they will be pleased with you."

"But..." You and Oum go back and forth on this until you finally reach a decision. You agree to go with Oum to the water clan.

After packing, you head out with him. The guards don't say a word, probably due to Oum's presence. You are a bit jittery due to be in the new territory, but Oum acts like there is nothing wrong.

When you arrive in town, the people just stare. No one is saying anything, even though it looks like they want to. Oum grasps your hand and leads you to his home. He guides you to a common room. In the room is his family.

"You managed to convince her?" Kai says wide eyed. His mother has stern look on her face and refuses to look at you. The clan head just nods and walks up to you.

"Are you prepared for what is to come?" You were thrown off by what he said but you nod. You believed you were here to try and re-establish peace.

"You better make a fool of yourself." His mother says. "You being of the fire clan will already tarnish our name." You were now very confused.

"I am sorry. I don't understand?" You ask. Kai shock turns serious.

"Oum didn't tell you?" he asks.

"Tell me what?"

"You came here to be his bride."

Edited by Audballlllll