Chapter 32

Oum had relentlessly trailed all the way to fire clan. When he made it to the border he was stopped by the fire clan's guard.

"What brings you here?" One of them asked. Oum silently clutches the stone in his pocket. Within seconds, both guards fall to the ground. He walks past them with his hood up. It was the dead of night and the only light available was the torches. Even so, it was difficult to see the color of a person's hair or even their facial features.

Just like with the guards at the border, Oum quietly knocked them out once he reached your home. He finally made it to your room. Quietly he opened it. He saw your sleeping figure and how peaceful you looked. He reached out and put a strand of hair behind your ear. The action caused you to stir and you saw Oum in front of you. You shot up from the bed and whispered,

"What are you doing here? How did you get in?" you found it odd and was slightly scared to see him here.

"Why did you leave me? I promised I would protect you." he says as you clutch your blanket, letting out a small sigh.

"Oum, I have told you many times before. I don't feel safe there. It doesn't matter if you can protect me or not. I don't want to go back. I won't go back," you say as get out of bed. "Come on now. We need to notify my father of your presence." You proceed to walk to the door when suddenly you can't move. You try to will yourself but you can't. Involuntarily, you head turns to face Oum. His expression is a sad one.

"I'm sorry F/n." Before you can ask what he meant, you feel a rush in your head so tremendous that you feel like your head is going to burst. Soon after your eyes close. Your body still standing straight due to Oum keeping it that way. He slowly makes his way to you and as soon as he wraps his arms around you, your body falls limp. He carries you out of the room and finally makes his way back to the water clan.

The next day, you wake up in an unfamiliar room. You slowly lift your head up so that you won't get a head rush. When you do, you see Oum staring at you with a smile. Then the events of last night play through your head.

"What the hell did you do to me?" you say. You are trembling slightly. Oum grips your hand and begins explaining.

"I brought you back here so we can be together." You pull your hand back immediately and hold it close to your chest.

"You basically kidnapped me then?"

"I didn't kidnap you. I simply brought you back to where you belong."

"No, you kidnapped me Oum. I am going back home." You get out of bed and are about to open the door when you feel your body freeze.

"You see F/n," he pauses as he circles around you, "I am being rather nice actually. I was planning on chaining you but then I realized, I don't need such precautions, all because of this." He then pulls out a round stone with a blue spiral on it. You are confused what this has to do with anything. "Do you remember the day I fell into the water. Well the reason is because I saw this. I didn't want Teron to realize I found it so I 'accidentally' fell in. With this stone, even if you want to leave me, you can't."

The look on Oum's face is one of man who seemed to have won everything. You feel your body become yours once again and you back away from Oum. "You're crazy." you whisper. He lets out a small laugh.

"Maybe I am, but anyone can go crazy when their love. Also F/n." he pauses and face becomes very serious, "I am being lenient here, I am allowing you free range over the house. The only time you can go outside is if I am present. And also, let's assume you find someone to help you escape. If you do escape, I will hunt down those who aided your escape and end them. This applies to anyone who gets in my way. Family, friend or foe."

You are speechless. You never thought that Oum would be capable of such things. You never thought that he would take things this far. You feel the power drain you feet and you feel tears streaming down your face. You were trapped. Trapped in place where no one respects. Trapped with a man who claims he "loves" you. You never felt so hopeless until now.

Edited by Audballlllll