Chapter 13

My heart sank into my stomachs. My breathing stopped. Where she could have possibly gone was beyond me. At this point I didn't really care what Camile would think about this. I just can't loose Siena. I didn't know her for long but she seems so important to me I can't have her upset and alone by herself on the street.

I grabbed my bag , hopped in the car and went home, crying to myself the whole ride. I called Chris to come over so I could tell him what happened. My heart burned. I needed to find this girl to not only keep my happiness, but my job.I told Chris the story when he came over.

"She finally snapped". Was his only response to the terrible event that happened at the restaurant. "Well yeah, she snapped, not only from embarrassment but because that soup was almost boiling hot." I said, getting pissed the more I talked. "Probably from Miranda's hot ass breathe. But to be honest I wouldn't sweat this too much, she will be ok." Chris said grabbing a snack out of my cabinets. "No she won't, she isn't coming back unless we come to get her ourselves, and I have to find her before Camile finds out."I explained. "If she finds out I let her run away she'd kill me". "First off, who's we? Second of all, why didn't you chase after her?" Chris asked stuffing his face with a snack I didn't  even remember I bought until now. "I froze, I wanted to move but I couldn't , even if I didn't want to I didn't have the option to change my mind. And WE are going to find her". I said. "Why do I have to?" Chris said looking up at me. "I know you care about her, showed it in the make up room". I said. "That don't mean I'm about to go hunting her down, Yeah she's cute but that's too much" Chris said. "You can't be serious. It isn't about how close you are to her, it's about helping, for me. And leading people on is dangerous". I started to get irritated at his attitude towards helping me find Siena. "I do not care about finding this girl, me following you is just going to be like carrying a bag of bricks. And stop acting like you didn't want to hop in her pants either." Chris said with a more snappy tone than I would have preferred. "Excuse me?". "We all know you been caring a little bit too much about this girl you only met almost a month ago. You can hide a lot of things. Secrets, money , birthday presents,dead bodies. But what you can't hide is your true burning desire to taste the rainbow. It was kinda pathetic watching you run around with her like a puppy. Not like she would have dated you anyway. No offense but you aren't exactly Wife material when it comes to the homosexual side of life if you smell what I'm stepping in." Chris said, going back to eating his snack. How could he say that to me. What kind of friend was he to say such an asshole remark.

"Get out".

"What?" Chris asked looking up at me. " I don't believe I stuttered the first time, GET. THE FUCK. OUT." I screamed. My heart was racing, all I needed was for him to leave so I can go on to finding Siena. "Why?" Chris asked. "Because you're an asshole and I don't want you in my house". I said casually. "What did I do? TELL THE TRUTH? I know honesty is a hard pill to swallow, but only a good friend would hand you a glass of water to get it down Nice and easy, and that's what I'm doing." Chris sat on the couch with a smile showing no teeth, as if he didn't do anything wrong.
"What the fuck is your problem?" I asked getting louder. "My problem is that you're keeping shit quiet like no one noticed. You want to know why you hated me flirting with Siena in the makeup room. Not because you liked her, oh no; but because you hated seeing her get the attention from me that you wish you were getting." Chris said .
I tried not to cry as he picked on my feelings as if they meant nothing. He never use to be like this. I don't know what his problem is, but all I know is I'm not the one.

"Chris. I have been a good person to you. So the fact that you're picking on my feelings and calling me out is beyond me considering the fact that your past isn't all that great. Like when you were depressed for 4 months because your mom caught you having sex with your sister. But then again. That isn't any of my concern." I said with the same smile he gave me.
"No it isn't, so I suggest you watch what you say."Chris said with his face tensing up. Almost made me feel good that I was getting to him.

About a year ago. Chris called me on the phone crying because his mom kicked him out the house. When I asked why he said that he had sex with his sister. (His sister was 18 and he was 21). He said he didn't know why he did it but he was ashamed. He got drunk and took pills and went into such deep depression that leaving him by himself was almost dangerous. But I never brought it up against him. Until now.

"Just get out Chris" I said calming myself down.
He left. Quietly. Both of us pissed and embarrassed.
One of the best friendships I've ever seen, am I right?😒