Chapter 9

I don't do much at home. Sometimes my cousin Josephine comes over to take food from my fridge. Josephine , not to be mean, is a failure.
She lives with her mom (My aunt of course).My aunt says she asked for two dollars everyday, for cigarettes I believe. She is very nice, just having difficulty getting her life together. Just annoying when your family just comes over for food and nothing else.
She never really ask me for money. I guess cause she knows she can always get it from my aunt.

"What's for snack?" Josephine says while peaking around through my refrigerator . I push my glasses up to my face. "Nothing."I said casual.

"So, my mom told me there is a new special girl at your job." Josephine said while opening a cold soda from out the fridge.
"Yep" I said.
"Why do you seem so exhausted about it"Josephine.
"Not exhausted about it, just physically tired."
I hated the way Josephine would reach for something to talk about . And just egg you on until you just lie to get her to SHUTUP.

"A little bird also told me you got into a little trouble at work. Too much stress to live in Paris ." Josephine said lightly shaking her head.
"Well, people are ass holes."I said trying not to give too much of an attitude.
I went to the fridge to get some soda too, feeling left out. Josephine looked at me. I'm not going to lie and say she wasn't kind of creepy , cause she was .

"How's Chris"?Josephine asked me while smirking. "He's good I guess" I said pretending like I didn't know what she was trying to say.
"Oh my god, come on, you know what I mean".Josephine said."It doesn't matter, he's more focused on Siena than anyone else".I said, taking a seat at the dining room table .
"Oooooooo, is jealousy peaking over the white fence today?" Josephine said giggling. She acts so much like Chris you could have sworn they grew up together or something.
"Nope not at all." I reply. "I really don't believe you, I know how you are.I know how the story goes. You see a guy. You like said guy. You think he likes you. You're about to ask him out. Girl comes along. Guy gets distracted. You get jealous. You focus more on them. Something happens. Girl leaves. Guy talks about her for a week. Then we're back at square one. It's the same shit since you were five." Josephine said without stuttering once. She was very laid back and Sarcastic, but very intelligent. Not the best combinations.
"Is that really how you think my life goes"? I ask.
"No, that's how I KNOW your life goes, but at the end of the day, it's none of my business" Josephine walked off into the living room and sat on the couch to watch tv.
Maybe she is right . Maybe I need to start breaking these cycles, it is getting a bit sad that someone knows exactly how my love life works. Not really that I have one to talk about.