Chapter 6

Skip to an hour later.

Siena was getting her makeup done  . Camile came back and her assistant Foseo (The man in the audition room with us) had coffee for everyone . Hot coffee, caramel, my favorite.

Foseo handed out coffee.
Chris was over in the corner eating a bagel and talking to a co worker. I felt anxious not being in Siena's presence . As if I'm suppose to look out for her like she was my own.
The company "Lucy" of course had about 7 different camera sets in the building for modeling on different floors.They have everything set up for Siena to to go up and pose for the camera for what I believe was her first time. I was almost nervous for her, for I knew that she was way more than her face.

Siena came out with her hair braided on the side and a small pony tail on the back, the rest of her hair hanging down. They didn't put on too much make up, just enough for her face to glow a bit more. She looked beautiful, so beautiful. She spotted me and gave me  a "wish me luck" wave, but then instantly became serious once she was in front of the camera. I could feel her heart beating fast from far away. I can already feel her breathing hard, and I wasn't anywhere near her.

The other models were getting ready to go up next, not paying too much attention to her.
Chris walked up to me and stood next to me, I could tell he seen me staring .

" You know Foo foo, if you take a picture it will last longer", Chris said, his arms folded sarcastically . "They already did it for me", I said while staring blankly at Siena, focusing so hard on her every move I sworn I could have drawn her.
Chris put his arm around me , he was warm. "Don't worry kid, you'll get up there one day soon". He said trying to comfort me, even though that's not why I was staring at her , she almost made me forget all of my dreams. I had a feeling that all that mattered was her, and not just for her looks, just her in general.
Chris still had his arm around me, he was warm and welcoming. Guess that's just what I liked about him. And he was cute when he's sad or disappointed. It makes me see that he isn't a complete asshole , and that he has feelings too.
Chris passed me a coffee, I was a bit taken aback, I completely forgot there was coffee at all.
"I noticed you didn't collect your favorite coffee like you always do, you're usually the first one near Foseo for free caramel coffee." Chris said. I kind of found it cute that he noticed.
" Yeah I know, I've just been out of focus lately."I said.

"It's her isn't it"

I went dead silent. Chris was looking at me and my heart fell to my butt. I didn't know whether saying yes was a good or bad thing.
"No"
I said, as quietly as I could.
"No, it's ok, I've been feeling the same way today. Making weird decisions, getting irritated every time she isn't around, not focusing on anything else. It's ok, I'm feeling it too". Chris said, his hands now deep in his pockets.

I was silent. It was like he felt exactly what I felt. But why. Why does this one person make us feel this way. Who does she think she is, making my insides twirl into nots I didn't think could ever be tied.

"Foo foo, you're quiet" Chris said.
I was nervous as hell. I felt like he was reading my mind like crazy, which made me more uncomfortable.
I sipped my coffee slowly . Praying to god that when I drink it won't burn my tongue.
It didn't , it was the perfect temperature. I fixed my glasses and started to feel better.

Siena looked so fragile that if I poked her she would topple over like a domino .
The models on the side were talking and jabbering in french about conversations I didn't personally care about.
"j'ai eu un beignet ce matin, je ne devrais pas avoir, regardez moi, im un gâchis"
And
"Elle est si jolie, j'aurais dû me teindre les cheveux en noir"

I couldn't stand how these girls would go out their way to be everyone but themselves . But I must admit, I don't blame them for wanting to be her .
I really don't.