Chapter 8

Siena quickly got up and grabbed both my arms.
"I mean it Fooney, you can not tell ANYONE." She sounded so urgent it was almost scary .
"I won't, but what happens, do you just get extremely nervous?" I asked politely.
"Yes, and sometimes I have break downs, if too much is going on at once , I don't feel in control of my body".Siena said.
"Well modeling is nothing but too much going on, it's a full business." I said.
" I know". "Well than why would you get into this knowing about your anxiety".

"Because I just wanted a chance. Wouldn't you want to be given a chance ?"

I tried not to cry, cause I knew what she meant. I felt so bad for her. I hated to have to walk around with that in my mind.

We walked out of the makeup room together , she seemed a bit better about things, might have been an act for everyone else.

" Yeah that's her , she's a fucking baby, I don't even know why she's here".
Miranda said to another model, pointing at Siena.

"FUCK OFF". I said. " Who the hell do you think you are"? Miranda said, stopping her walk with her friend.

"It's kind of funny how you pick on a person just for existing knowing no one here likes you either. Everyone around here kisses your ass to get to the top , even her" I said pointing at the girl next to her.
The girls eyes widen in confusion as I added her in the mix.

"FOONEY, MY OFFICE NOW" Camile screamed from the other side of the room. Every time she says my full name I know she isn't pleased with me. I was already prepared for a lecture, just wish she would break the ice.

————————————————————

I was in Camile's office. She looked at me for a second. I was prepared for her to be pissed, but I knew she wasn't going to fire me.
She gave me another one of her looks. This look was saying "Explain yourself now and we won't have to argue".So that's what I did.

"These girls treat Siena like garbage, and she just got here" I said.
This was our conversation.......

Camile: Ok. Why do you care
Fooney: Because She is so innocent.
Camile: I understand what you mean, but that wasn't your place. You come to me first if there is an issue.
Fooney: But you know I'm not wrong .
Camile: Yes, you were actually very correct, none of the friends she have really want to be around her. She has connections and that's it. But it's not something you say out loud.
Fooney: Well she is making Siena look bad for no reason .

Camile nodded her head . "I will handle it. And you don't have to apologize to Miranda". I smiled at the fact that I didn't have to apologize, thank god.

I exited her office, praying to god I didn't run into Miranda.
Chris was outside of the hallway waiting for me.
"Are you fired?" He asked.
"Nope" I said.
"Good" Chris took his Palm and rushed it on the top of my head as if I was his little brother.
From the other side of the room Siena spotted me.
She mouthed the words "thank you".
I mouthed back "No problem".