Chapter 19

Agad napasigaw at namilipit siya sa sakit. Palipat lipat ako ng tingin mula kay Lumiere at sa kanya na ngayon ay nawalan na ng malay. Lumiere shot the guy in his left knee like it was nothing. Like it wouldn't left the other guy invalid.

"What the hell did you do that for? He's unable to fight for God's sake."

I didn't have a slight idea on what provoked him to do that. That's crossing the boundaries. Hindi ko siya ganoong kilala pero parang sobra naman ata 'yon.

Huminto siya at tinignan ako. His expression from hard turned soft upon meeting my eyes but he didn't answer me.

"You're face." Malumanay niyang sabi.

His hand was moved like he was debating if he's going to lift it or not. He lifted his hands and reached for my face. Bahagya kong iniwas ang aking mukha na nagpatigil dito. He gave me a tight smile.

Hindi ko alam kung anong tumatakbo dyan sa isipan niya ngayon pero naguguluhan talaga ako. Kanina lang sobrang galit ang nakikita ko sa kanya pero ngayon, iba na. Masyado siyang magulo.

Confusion clouded my mind when I kept looking at his eyes. There's something about them that I couldn't quite explain. He looked at me too. He's like a big puzzle to me right now. A puzzle I wanted to put the pieces together to solve. A challenge I wanted to take.

He wiped something on the side of my lips and I winced. Tumayo siya at mukang lalabas nang hawakan ko ang kanyang kamay na agad ko ring nabitawan dahil sa naramdamang sakit sa aking braso. I hissed in pain that made him turn and face me.

"Just how many damages did you let him give you?" He asked, eying the big bruise on my arm.

"As if I planned this."

"Let's go. We need someone to tend to those."

"No. Not until you answer my question. Why did you do that to him? What you did will give him permanent damage?"

"What's done is done. He deserves it. You can never be sensitive to this kind of situation." He said using a flat tone. "Enough with the questions. We need to go straight to the hospital. Everyone's heading there too and I know you don't want anyone to fix your injuries but you're seriously injured and it might get worse if someone won't check on that fast. If you're concern about him, someone from his side is coming to get him based on what Marcus said to us earlier so we need to leave before they get here."

What the hell? Did he just flip me off? Did he just ignore me? What's worse was throwing me instructions!

"That's not an answer and you cannot just boss me around and give me orders. Who are you anyway! You don't have the right to do that." Irritable kong sagot sa kanya using the same flat tone like he did. Hindi ko lang talaga ma-take na inuutusan ako ng ganon. It brings back memories of Gem from the past. Always the good girl, always following orders, always the obedient daughter. That irritates me just thinking about those moments.

"Why? Because I'm not HD?" Paano naman napasok si HD dito?

"I don't get you and what does HD have to do with this?" inalis niya ang tingin niya sa akin. Tumahimik siya at tumingin sa lIckod ko na parang may iniisip.

"Let's go." He turned around then lowered himself to the ground. "Hop on." he said offering me his back.

I was stunned. No one offered me a piggy back ride before.

"I'm not a kid. I can walk."

Nilingon niya 'ko. "I know you can't walk properly and we need to leave fast. Hop on or I'll carry you forcely."