Chapter 11

He already know!

Fvck! When? How? I made sure to make my feminine side unnoticeable. How the heck did he manage to unmask me? Minsan nakayuko ako just to hide my throat. I always wore baggy and thick clothes. I also intended to use these clothes to hide my hands because they're a bit small compare to---

Oh sh*t! my hands! Yun ung ginawa niya. Kaya pala kung makatingin siya sa kamay ko. I looked at him straight and his arrogant smile says he knew it all. I needed to play this game he started. I needed to know how much he knew.

"What façade?" I asked keeping the same emotionless and calm expression I was trying to hold.

"Hmmm. Is admitting something that hard?" His smile turned into a smirk, keeping his eyes on me.

"I'll admit if there's something to admit."

"Fine! Let me give you a hint. It's related to your real gender." Nanatili akong nakatingin sa kanya habang inilalagay ko ung mga kamay ko sa bulsa. "Oh c'mon! Don't make this too hard for us."

"Why are we having this conversation again?"

My plan to irritate him seemed to work. Kailangan kong malaman ang totoo niyang ugali para alam ko kung sa'n ang limitasyon niya.

Iniwas niya ang paningin niya sa akin at bumuntong hininga.

"This might take some time."

Mahina niyang sabi ngunit sapat na para marinig ko ito ng maiigi. Napangiti lang ako sa nakita ko. Mukang matatapos ng maaga 'tong pag-uusap namin. Ang akala niya ba siya ang may control sa laro. Dream on!

Tumingin muli sya sa akin. Kung kanina, nakangiti siya, ngaun ay napakaseryoso na ng mukha niya.

"Since you're still playing dumb, might as well tell everything I know about you." Tinalikuran niya ako at umupo sa dulo ng kama. He crossed his arms and legs habang ako naman ay nanatiling nakasandal sa pintuan. "When I joined Dileri three months ago, HD appointed me as a researcher. After a month, I was assigned on a mission."

"Don Pascual's Drug Case."

Tanda ko ang misyon na yun. Inutusan kami ni Mr. Alcantara para isabutahe ung delivery ng mga drugs ni Don Pascual.  They were the best of friends until Mr. Alcantara lost his eldest son to drugs that were from his godfather- Don Pascual.

"Yes! That was our first mission together. When I first met you, hmmm... wait... what was that word?" Hinawakan niya ang kanyang baba, tumingala at nag-isip. Matapos non, he snapped his fingers at ngumiti na para bang may natuklasan siya. "Nakakaasar ka!  You really pissed me off. You walked like you have everything in your grasp and you don't even care about it, and you know what's really got me ticked off? The fact that you have nothing!" Bumalik sa pagseseryoso ang mukha niya. "Everybody was trying to get your attention. They've been talking about you like you're the best on everything. The admirations, approvals, praises ---like those annoying songs that you repeatedly heard inside your head. I hate it!"

"At first I was anxious to meet the handsome, awesome geek they've been adoring. Then I found out that we're on the same mission. Me as a researcher and you as a strategist. I approached you nicely but I just got your arrogance, boastfulness, cold and arrogant side. You're so aloof. That got me thinking, 'What the hell made this kid great?'"

Tumayo siya at lumapit sa akin. He stopped a meter from me. Nilagay niya ang kaliwang kamay sa bulsa ng pantalon niya. "Un Garçon!" Sabay turo sa kin gamit ang kanang kamay. A boy? I am far from being a boy.

Matalim niya akong tinitigan at nagpatuloy sa sinasabi. Nanatiling ganon ang approach ko sa kanya.

"The mission ended up smoothly and all the credits went to you! I admit that you planned very quickly but what was so special about your plans. That was a typical strategy, nothing more! I was the one who did more of the job, not you."