Feelings...

*ERZA'S POV*

I carried Y/N back to the guild hall and rushed her to the infirmary. Mira was in there, patching up Natsu. Again. She turned when I entered. "Oh, hey Erza. I see you've returned. What's up?" I pointed to the bed where Y/N lay, unconscious and barely breathing.

"Help her. Please, Mira." Mirajane smiled sweetly at me.

"Can't you help her?" I sighed.

"Well, yes. I can, but..." But I'm scared I'll let my feelings get in the way? But I don't want her to wake up hearing how fast my heart is beating? But I don't want her knowing how much I loved holding her on the way back, even if it was because she was knocked out? "But I'm not confident with my healing magic. I need more practice on myself before I try it on anyone else." Mira gave me a doubtful look and I knew she could see right through me. I sighed again, in defeat this time. "Fine. I like her, ok? I have ever since I stepped into the guild hall and saw her with that damn guild mark on her chest. Mira, if I hadn't knocked her out, I would've kissed her." Mirajane smiled.

"I knew you liked her. For once, you're letting your feelings show." I sat on the end of the bed Y/N was in.

"Yeah. I am. And I hate it. The last person I let in was Jellal, and..." I trailed off, unable to state what he did, even though Mira knew already. She put her hand on my shoulder gently.

"You should try showing her your feelings. Or at least letting them shine." I fidgeted nervously. "Trust me, Erza. She's not Jellal. And you have a shot. She's a lesbian, just like you." I perked up.

"She's... Like me?" Mira nodded. I smiled. Maybe this wasn't as hopeless as I thought. Maybe Jellal was wrong. Maybe I would find my happiness, just not with him. I softly brushed some of Y/N's hair out of her face. I gently laid my hand over her heart and felt it beating, faintly, but definitely. The more I kept my hand there, the stronger her heartbeat got, until her breathing became normal and her heartbeat was steady. I carefully drew my hand back. Mira stared at me in shock.

"Erza... Do you realize what you just did? You just healed her... By loving her." I kept looking at Y/N, unable to take my eyes off her. Love. If only she felt the same... I got up and left, putting on a mask to hide my feelings before Y/N awoke.