A Fresh Start

H/C- Hair color

H/L- Hair length

E/C- Eye color

*ERZA'S POV*

I paced back and forth in the infirmary. Why did I have to knock her out? I thought I was just protecting my guild, but... She seemed genuinely frightened when I pinned her to the wall. She didn't seem defiant or angry like any other Phantom Lord member would. I sat in a chair next to the bed she was in, watching her. Her chest rose and fell, signaling that she was alive, yet she didn't wake up. I stood and turned as the door opened, revealing Mirajane. I sighed. "Mira." She smiled sweetly at me before turning her attention to the girl.

"Juvia isn't happy you knocked her out. She says the girl, Y/N L/N, is her best friend. Why did you do it, Erza?" I frowned.

"I thought I was protecting my guild... Once she wakes up, I need to have a serious discussion with her." Mira nodded as Y/N began to stir. I turned my attention to the girl in the bed.

"I'll leave you two alone." I nodded slightly in acknowledgement as I heard Mira leave. Y/N's E/C eyes opened and she brushed her H/L H/C hair out of her eyes. I glanced at the exposed Phantom Lord guild mark on her chest before turning my gaze to her face. She saw me looking and met my eyes. I spoke first.

"We need to talk." Y/N nodded, but said nothing, so I decided to explain everything. "First, I'm sorry for knocking you out. That was completely uncalled for and I should've at least tried to talk to you before acting. I'm sorry. Second, I need to know why you're here. Obviously, it wasn't to attack, otherwise you would've brought backup and snuck in, not walked through the front door. Third, I need to know your ranking in Phantom Lord and how long you've been a member. Finally, I need to know your intentions with Fairy Tail and what kind of magic you use." Y/N kept hold of my gaze the entire time I spoke. When I finished, she took a deep breath before responding.

"Well, I accept your apology. I understand your impulsive behavior though; you were defending your guild. I'm here because I want to be accepted. Phantom Lord's guild master, Master Jose, would never accept me if I told him the truth. I came here looking to join Fairy Tail; my friend told me that you guys would accept me, no matter what. My ranking was an S-Class wizard, a title that I earned after four years of work, and have kept for one year. My intentions with Fairy Tail are merely to join, to hopefully add another ice mage to your guild. That is, if you'll accept me."

"If you told him the truth? What's the truth?" Y/N took a deep breath.

"I'd rather not say, if that's alright with you. I just... I want to erase my Phantom Lord past. I want a fresh start." I nodded before wiping the Phantom Lord guild mark off Y/N's chest and stamping a Fairy Tail mark right where the other one was. I smiled.

"Welcome to Fairy Tail."