False Knowledge

• 53 •

| Andy |

I pace around my hotel room. It's been around four days since we all split up and I've been alone with this voice in my head that won't shut up or leave me alone.. all I'm getting from it is stuff I can't understand. I want to go home, go home to Sabrina and forget about this whole nightmare. I can't sleep at night, I can barely even think for myself. Him, them, us, you, me. Ruined. I shake my head, moving a hand up to grip at my hair. I want to sit down, to relax.. but I can't. I'm stuck in a loop that I can't escape from, all I want is to sleep.. to give up and give in. But then that'd be exactly what it wants..

'Andrew, please. Let me explain everything to you.. stop blocking me out. Your friends are in danger.'

I ignore them and growl under my breath. I want to grab a pan and knock myself out, go out and get some strong pills to send me off to sleep. Or better yet.. I want to listen. I shake my head, no! I run a hand through my hair and enter 'my' room, going over to the bed and taking a seat on it. I smile slightly as the bed creaks and dips under my weight. The voice goes on to talk more but I choose to ignore it, being so done with their bull. I remember what they did to Matt. I remember what they did to me. My eyes are still yellow, a soft golden colour that's taken over. A scar, a reminder that I'm not alone in my own body. I'm not going to lie, I've read fanfiction before.. but this can't be real. This isn't fair. This is real life this isn't some story..

I put my face in my hands and let out a strangled breath. A headache suddenly starts attacking my head, beating against my skull and biting deep into the depths of my brain. I fall back onto the bed, with only my legs hanging off the side. I feel a broken cry escape my throat as the pain gets steadily worse. I drag my legs onto the bed as I curl myself up, going onto my side and getting into a fetal position. Make it go away.. make it go away..

I take a deep breath. "You can't be trusted.. you hurt me and Matt, you made me have a fight with Nate.. you're the reason why we had to stop this length of tour!"

'For good reason! Let me explain! I'll make your pain go away..'

I hold back a retort- well.. you know what. "Oh, what're you going to explain?! Oh here's a PLOT TWIST!"

'Call it a damn plot twist if you want Andrew, because it damn well is! You want to know something??'

I'm starting to wonder if this guy even is a bad guy.. seems to be a frustrated person to me.. I stop for a second. Maybe that's what it is.. maybe I should give them a chance.. maybe.. I take a deep breath and squeeze my eyes shut, giving in. Letting go, I can feel the pain fade, I can feel my vision.. stay normal? I open up my eyes to find myself still in the same place. Only the pain is gone. I blink away my shock and sit up. I feel.. great actually.

'I took your pain away, you're willing to listen now.. thank you.'

I bite my lip and nod, still not fully trusting them but willing to listen nonetheless. I don't know what's come over me, maybe it's an influence or maybe I'm just going nuts from sleep deprivation.

'Okay first let me introduce myself, I'm Kayde, short for Kayden and-'

I sit up and pull a straight face. "Err.. are you a boy or a girl, Kayde?"

'They/them now shut up.' I shut up, 'Now.. what I'm about to tell you is going to be quite confusing but please stick with me!'

I roll my eyes. "That'll be hard, with what you did."

'Okay, I admit. What I did was a dick move but that was the past for you, let's move away from that. Ellie is making you all think that this is something to do with something else upsetting some shitty balance that doesn't exist! Fate is on OUR side and this Ellie and her friends nonsense is crap! They're-'

"Pleases stop swearing.." I say, overly being too innocent.

'This is how I express anger. Andrew, listen. They're not helpers.. they're fakers.. they're the kind that hates this whole soulmate business! Andy, they're the ones out to stop Nate and Matt's bond. Not me.'