Evacuate

• 28 •

| Nate |

After leaving Matt in our hangout room to look over and memorise some song lyrics for a duet I hope we're going to do, I walk back to the backstage area to go and meet back up with Amanda and Andy. When I got there, however, I find out that they aren't there. Feeling confused and slightly annoyed, I look around for them.

After about ten minutes of searching and searching for these two morons, I'm approached by Danny of Starbomb. Our eyes lock and we just stand there staring at one another, both our looks being of confusion. I point at him and utter a small, almost inaudible 'what?' Because this doofus is supposed to be on stage! Or wait. I look at my watch and my eyes widen, shit. I'm late for my own show starting back up! Flipping Danny off and hearing him laugh, I run off to the stage area, I flip my earpiece on and meet Andy on stage. Andy stops what he's doing and turns to look at me, a playful grin tugging at the corners of his mouth. The crowd surrounding the stage stop their cheers and claps to look at me, they start cheering and clapping again once they realise who I am.

I march over to Andy and in accidental talking distance of the mike, I say: "Andy what the fuck? Why didn't you tell me I was-"

"Nate don't finish that, trust me."

The crowd goes completely silent, but I don't notice as my annoyed anger clouds any sense that makes it to my head.

"Shush! I was getting Matt on the go, why didn't you tell me the show started?" the crowd's murmuring starts up. Andy clears his throat and points to the excited, confused and annoyed crowd. Again, I ignore his warning, "You know what? Never mind you're not listening, we'll talk later."

And that's when I look to the crowd. That's when their murmurs and noises finally hit my ears. I can feel my face heat up as I stare into the crowd of people who just heard me and Andy's conversation. Whoops. Man, I should really have listened to Andy's warnings instead of letting my anger rule over. Oh well, can't go back and change that now I guess. I see some people in the crowd giving me weird and knowing looks, those people knowing or having a good guess on who Matt is. All at once, people started shouting questions out to me about Matt and who he is, ignoring the people who try to explain that. Angry, jealous fangirls start barking stuff at us, wanting to have more info on this. Me and Andy just look at each other, his look being one that read 'seriously?' and mine being one of embarrassment and shame. I look to the crowd and pick Andy's mike up, I hold it to my face and speak into it.

"Chill, chill," the crowd silences "he's just a guy who's working with me for the moment, er. Some of you saw the livestream?" I see nodding in the crowd, I smile slightly at those people, "then please ask them or see my livestream online."

The crowd shifts around and I roll my eyes. Andy snickers beside me and I jab I'm in the side with my elbow to shut him up. Glancing to the crowd, I put Andy's mike back and leave him to grab my own. I run a hand down my face. Great. More popularity for Matt, I guess. Running a hand through my hair and stifling a chuckle, I look back to Andy. We give each other funny looks before we both look back to the crowd. Their murmuring has gotten louder and I hear some shouts and some girly screams. I'm not even going to begin to describe how I felt when some fanboy let out an excited squeal. Putting my mike to my face, I ask the crowd to quiet down in the softest sing song voice I can muster. The crowd calms down and looks to me in unison, I smile into the mike and continue speaking into it softly until I have everyone's divided attention. I mutter a quick thank you into the mike afterwards.

"Right, you guys remember why you're here and why we're here?" I see nods and confused looks, "Y'all are useless!" fake boos and lots of laughter, "Remember we're here to have fun! We're here to give you all a good time, a show you and us can both enjoy!" I yell into my mike, causing the crowd to erupt in cheers and whistles.

Grinning to myself, I allow myself to gloss over the crowd. So many people.. people who came to see us and Starbomb. Or maybe just us. Or maybe just Starbomb. It's amazing. My look softens as my grin fades to a soft smile. I look off to the side and spot a lonely individual taking their jacket off.. but what's that? More people join the person and they all walk off. I think this over for a second.. what was that and what were they doing?

And then suddenly, something in the back of my mind tells me what that was and who they are.

I yell into my mike as loud as I can. "Everybody get the FUCK out of here, QUICK!"

Sensing the panic in my voice and the authority behind my command, people start tripping over themselves to get out, not knowing why but following my judgement. Andy turns to me and shouts.

"What the hell?!"

I tell him to shush and to get the hell out, get as many people as he can and leave. Nodding, he leaves and I bolt away from the stage in a big hurry to get to the person I left in a room, alone.

Then it happened, the thing I'd been dreading. An explosion. Two explosions. Three, four. All coming at me, all coming close. Rylo, thankfully isn't here, but Matt.. Matt.. please be okay.

(( 1000+ words today, you're welcome ))