Just Gold

• 43 •

| Matt |

I keep my eyes glued shut as I'm dragged away from the main stage area. I ignore the chattering I hear from the people around me. I hear them laugh and talk about how scared I look and how amazing mine and Nate's performance was. I agree, we did great but can I get out of this now? Unintentionally, I struggle slightly in the seat, the ropes starting to severely irritate my leftover wounds. I almost forgot about them in all the excitement.. that's what adrenaline does to you, I suppose. I let out a small breath, I wonder who those people were who ganged up on me? I may recognise Chica girl, but the rest I have no clue. I'll ask Nate later. I feel a shift of movement as a door opens and closes, we stop and my chair gets put down. After about a minute of breathing slightly heavier, I open my eyes and look up to see Andy holding an open bottle of water, staring down at me with a slight smirk. His Golden Freddy attire doesn't make me feel any better about my situation.

"Well look at you, all tied up." He says, moving around me and eyeing me up.

My uncomfortable meter rises as I feel his gaze move across me. I force myself to swallow my unease. "Shut up and untie me, Andy."

He chuckles. "I could.. but.."

"But?" I ask, shifting uncomfortably.

"This is too important of an opportunity to pass up." He walks toward my chair and leans down to my level, putting the cap back on the bottle and putting it down.

"W-what?" I stutter unintentionally.

The sclera and pupils of his eyes disappear as they both fade to a dark black, only leaving tiny white pinpricks behind. My eyes widen as I witness this, my fear level rising. What is happening to him?! I struggle in the seat, the bounds constricting my every movement and sending a stinging sensation all over, burning me. I grit my teeth and hang my head, the pain forcing my struggles to come to a close. Andy let's out a sad sigh, running a delicate hand down my face. He takes his hand off to adjust his top hat ever so slightly. I look back up at him as he smiles slightly, a warm aura surrounding him. I don't feel any better.

"It's okay, I'm not here to harm you." He says smoothly, placing a hand on my head and ruffling my hair ever so slightly.

"What's going on, Andrew?" I say, using his full name for emphasis.

"Please, call me Fred for now." Andy- or.. I guess Fred says, smiling more.

"F-Fred?" I repeat with a small stutter.

"Fred, short for Fredbear. It's not my real name as I'm not actually that bear, but I'm going with the costume on this mortal, so why not?"

"M-mortal?"

"So you don't know, huh?"

Fred (I'm trying so hard to not call him Andy..) walks around to the back of me and places his hands on my shoulders, digging his fingers in right where it'd hurt most. I fight back a small grunt of pain, determined to not give this thing pleasure for making me hurt.

"I've gathered that this is most likely because me and Nate are somehow upsetting a balance or something but for god sake, what the heck is even the problem?!" I shout, irritation thickly coating my every word.

"Upsetting the balance? Is that what she said? Oh please. You're not even close to doing something as bad as that." He says, making me pause.

"I'm not.." I look down. Was she lying then? Was all of that untrue? Have we been trusting the wrong people? But.. everything she said, everything that happened..

"No, you're really not.." he chuckles dryly, taking his hands off and instead moving them to wrap around my neck, he leans down and presses his cheek against my own, "it seems you've placed your trust where it doesn't belong, haven't you? It's okay, we can change where it's placed."

I think this over for a second. Should I really trust a being who's taken over my friend over people who's helped me and Nate? Ellie and her friends helped get us together, she helped me out of the burning building, if not for her I'd be dead and Nate would be alone, alone with the nagging thought that his soulmate is gone and will never come back. I look away from Fred, my anger level rising.

"You know nothing."

"Or maybe I know everything. Tell me, who would you put your life on the line for, who do you trust?"

"I trust Nate and his friends. I trust Ellie and her friends.. I don't trust you." I spit, gritting my teeth.

I see him frown. "Well.. that's disappointing. I guess we'll talk later, goodnight Matt."

"Goodnight?!"

Before I could get any real protest in, the pressure spot on my shoulder's been attacked and I'm out like a light.