Soulmates

• 20 •

| Nate |

I hold in my breath as Rylo treads carefully onto Matt's lap, scaring Skip off. Skip flees to my lap as the intruder, Rylo, takes up all of Matt. Literally all of him. Rylo shoves Matt down and lays down on top of him, licking all over Matt's face with a glint in his eye.

Matt tries to push him off with no success. "Dog- dog- Rylo, stop!"

I hold back a bout of laughter as Rylo takes the chance to lick the insides of Matt's mouth, causing Matt to let out a cry of disgust. Skip shakes his head at them and curls up on my lap, I see a small glint in his eye as he does so. I manage to compose myself before looking back to Matt and Rylo, I see Matt desperately trying to shove Rylo's face away but continuing to fail, causing Rylo's tail to wag like crazy. It's a good thing that these windows are only one way, it'd look very weird for passing drivers and pedestrians to look in and see a dog's ass and tail moving around like crazy right in front of the window. I pull a weird, disgusted face. That's an image I don't want running around my head, thanks.

Stretching my arms out, I move myself and Skip over to the side so that I could grab myself a bottle of Mountain Dew from the limo's mini fridge. Matt catches sight of my movements and reaches a desperate hand out to me, his eyes pleading for help. I simply shake my head and chuckle at him. Skip looks at them as Matt flips me off, I slap his hand away at that, my chuckles turning into laughter. I guess this proves it, then. Rylo seems to adore Matt and Skip seems to like me. Smiling wide, I drag Matt out from under Rylo and pull him into a big hug. Rylo falls to the ground with a thud and Skip trots away from me with a flick of his tail.

Matt, not expecting this, lets out a squeak of surprise. I can't help it, I'm suddenly filled to the brim with happy emotions that I need to let out in some way. Rylo is with Skip in this, they've both agreed with each other. I've never felt so happy. It's like finally finding that puzzle piece after so long of searching, that one piece in a thousand piece puzzle. Fitting it and getting that feeling of accomplishment, that feeling of I did it. We found the piece. My piece. Now I just need to make it fit.. We can do this! We're going to make fate proud! With me so deep in thought, I don't notice it when Matt starts to struggle away from me. Surprised, I let him go and he instantly shuffles as far from me as he can, pushing himself against the wall of the limo. I stare at him, still surprised, and he glares at me, flickers of rage appearing in his eyes.

"What was that? Why'd you do that?" He asks, slightly afraid but mostly mad.

My cheerful smile falters for a second before coming back up as cheerful as ever. "Don't you see, Matt? Me and you, it's fate!"

"But-" He starts before I cut him off.

"Didn't you see how Rylo acted? Skip did the same, remember? They've chosen us for each other." I say.

Matt's face goes blank. Processing the information and letting it sink in. I don't need to let it sink, it's down, it's buried and damn have I accepted it. Sure, I'm still not pleased with him but I bet I would've been a lot more mad if Rylo hadn't chosen Matt, showing Skip's choosing as a lie.

"Are you sure? This could be a whole misunderstanding. I don't belong with someone of the likes of you. You know that. We shouldn't think too much into this."

My face falls. Oh. Right, yeah. Through my excitement I forgot to process his feelings into this. I'm big, I know what that's like. He's not, I've been through this with myself. He's afraid of the unknown, the unexpected. The very definition of me. But.. yeah. Okay. I'll show him it's not that bad. I'll show him a world that he can understand. We'll be happy, I know we will. I smile softly at him, he hesitantly returns it.

"We'll sort something out."

"Alright."

With that, we arrive at where Andy's staying, Andy rushes over to the limo with his suitcases and gets inside. The driver puts his suitcases away as Andy gets comfortable. He looks at me.

"Sup Nate! What took you?" I gesture to Matt, Andy freezes at the sight of him. "Oh. Hey."

"Hi." Matt replies.