A Night To Remember

• 50 •

| Nate |

The date went just as planned. Me and Matt had the funniest and funnest time playing golf with each other. No cards, no bets, not even a winner or loser. Just a fun game between us. We didn't even take turns, we just went all out, whoever got it in the hole first got it in the hole first. It was all just fun and games, that's all I could've asked for too. There wasn't even a bit of tension, either. We were all loose with each other, neither of us holding a snide comment or sarcastic remark back. We were mean to each other, we played some unfair courses and games and our balls got batted and wet. Yeah, I may have gotten mine in a pool of water, and yes Matt had a very fun time pestering me because of it. At one point during our game, I proposed that we go into the windmill and act out a couple cliche, he declined though, saying how we 'aren't there yet' well I have a plan to change that. Not today, but soon.

After our game finished, I offered to take him for another round, luckily for me he went against that. Said if he went again he'd collapse due to laughter and exhaustion. Maybe I should take him to the gym next, I thought. I wasn't serious, I had a different plan. I was okay with it and we went on our merry way to the next destination; the bowling alley. We were on a pretty tight schedule so I only payed for like five or so rounds, Matt didn't mind, hell he didn't know we even had a schedule. The game itself was fun, I got a few strikes and he got a few spares. We made fun of each other's throws and failures, it was both fun and hilarious. I even made him get a gutter ball which was amazing to see. He fumed when he did that, going on about physics and ball dynamics. Yeah. He only tossed it wrong because of me, why bring dynamics and physics into this? At least he put on a good show for me. After our game though, we hung out in the alley and had a good laugh together, with him joking about how my win was just dumb luck and whatnot. Honestly he's just salty.

And if you thought that was it then you're wrong, we next went on to have a quick bite at McDonald's (I'm not cheap). And yes, some people saw through our disguises and we had to bolt, take our food and run. It's not that I don't like the fans.. but, it was our day. And I didn't want paparazzi or fans wanting anything from us. Sorry guys. Because of this we had to go out and change up our disguises, which is fine. Matt totally rocked the red blazer anyway, and he even complimented my amazing Gengar baseball cap.

After we got ourselves hidden again, I took us to one of our final destinations, I took us to have a one on one game of Lazer Tag. Crazy day, right? The game we played even gave me an idea for a cool music video I should do for my song 'Heroes Never Die' which is pretty damn awesome! I just need to gather a few friends. As for the game itself though.. I may or may not have lost by a long run. I swear Matt cheated, yet he swears it was all strategy and the power of the mind over the player. He seemed to calculate where I was gonna come out from and where I might think he was and oh my god, I wanted to murder him. Call me a sore loser but I bet he cheated.

To finish our day off, I got us a take out from Domino's and took us out to the local park to eat it. I took us to what I think was the best spot in the whole park, the spot nearest to the lake. It had a beautiful view of the lake in a whole, with the lights of the stars and the street lamps cascading down onto the lake's surface and creating a whole new atmosphere. It was truly amazing. What was even more great was that me and Matt got to see swans swimming on the surface, a mother and a father swan with their little cygnets swimming behind them. I swear it was magical.. what's even better was what Matt said to me as we were enjoying our time together.

"I'm so glad that we're soulmates, Nate. If only I realised that sooner.."

When he said that I wrapped my arm around him and replied something that really made him smile as much as I did.

"I'm so glad you think so.. I wouldn't want anyone else to be my soulmate."