Running

• 13 •

| Matt |

Nathan's here?! I take a deep breath and look at my boss. I smile slightly at him and shuffle my feet.

"Can you tell him I can't see him right now? I-I need to go home and-" I stutter and get cut off.

"That's alright Matthew, you've been through a lot today already. I'll let him know. Go home, we'll see ya when we see ya."

I nod at him before scurrying off, quickly. Nathan, here. Wanting me. Why? Oh god, how does he know where I even work? Maybe he got a list of the people who's been helping to set up for his performance here, so he can thank us publicly or something. Then he saw my name.. but that could be any Matthew Patrick, right? There's multiples of us. I shake my head and run out the front doors, I quickly start to make a mad dash home, stopping sometimes as to not get run over and to not run into anyone. I know that I shouldn't be running from him, this, but.. I can't face him right now.

I take a sharp right into an alley, in there I take short, erratic breaths. I lean against the wall of the alley and put my hand to my forehead. I shouldn't have ran like that, I'm feeling dizzy again. Really dizzy. I slide down the wall and put my face in my hands. I hear someone approaching but I pay them no mind, I need this dizziness to leave before I do anything. After gathering my breath back and ridding myself of the dizziness, I remove my hands from my face and look up at the person as they extend their hand to me. I tilt my head slightly as I recognise their face, but from where again? Then it hit me. Instead of taking her hand, I stand up and leave the alley. I maneuver my way through the crowd of people and start making my way back to my apartment. First Nathan and now Amanda? What is this? I speed my walking up and I swear I can hear her call my name. I ignore her though.

Ten minutes later, I arrive at my apartment, out of breath (again) and unhappy.  I enter and lock the door, I just want a few days to relax now. Maybe find myself another job, lock myself away and miss the next concert, that sounds good. Sounds like a plan. I take a deep breath and slowly release it.

"Like a plan.."

I go over to my couch and sit myself down, relaxing into the soft fabric immediately. Skip, sensing my calm aura, hops onto the couch and hesitantly walks onto my lap, being careful as if I'd shove him off. I turn to look to him and my face saddens slightly. Oh, right. Skip. I left him to run after me, chase me down and keep on my track. I pull a frown and pull him onto my lap, he lets out a squeak of surprise before melting into my embrace. I kick my shoes off and cross my legs, leaning down slightly to pull Skip into a full body hug. Skip mews in understanding and rubs himself up against me, being sure to give me as much comfort as possible. I appreciate it. I grab the TV remote and flip the TV on. Finally some background noise.. I take out my phone and am surprised to see that I have a text from Steph. Shrugging, I slide it open and read over the text.

'Hey Matthew, you okay? I saw you run out the front doors, people are wondering why!'

I sigh. Of course she's curious, why wouldn't she be? I send her a quick text why before looking back to the TV. My eyes go back to my phone almost immediately though, seeing as Steph's already replied.

'Oh. Well Nate's here and he's looking for you! Like OMG! He even announced that! He's HERE! EARLY! Like he's supposed to be here on Wednesday but today!? We're getting VIP access here, Matthew!'

I honestly couldn't take her rambling texts right now. Especially when she's talking about him and about him wanting to see me and about having VIP access or whatever.

'It's just too bad you couldn't stay! He has his dog here too! Rylo, you know Rylo? Of course you do I showed you him, anyway he's here! Nate's actually quite ticked that you couldn't see him, wonder why? Maybe because of what happened yesterday but oh well! I'll leave you alone now, bye Matthew!'

Thank god.. But me not being there angers him? It'll be fun if I ever run into him then, heh.. I reply a goodbye before looking to the TV, a new frown on my face.