×x Chapter 29 x×

Start from the beginning

Evelyn came over on Tuesday morning and helped me prepare for the trial. Thankfully she was working today as well so I was pretty confident. I straightened my hair and then I picked out a black long sleeved top and black jeans. Some of my buddies from school met us at the end of my road and we all walked to caf by the beach. They said they would come for support but I wasnt really sure if they would make me feel better or worse but I guessed I would find out.

It had been raining all the night before so and I managed to avoid a few puddles on the way. We all stood to wait for the road to clear so we could cross. I felt extremely anxious standing by a huge puddle but we were not waiting for long.

The cars cleared so we all began to cross the road but suddenly out of nowhere, a car came racing around the corner heading straight through the giant puddle beside me soaking me from head to toe. I gasped grabbing the others attention. I wiped my eyes and looked at the car driver.

"Oops, sorry" the driver replied. Caitlin replied. It could not have been any more sarcastic.

"What the hell Caitlin" I shouted back at her.

"I guess you will have to go home and miss the Job trial" she burst into laughter and drove off. I sigh. How did she know I had a job trial today??

I looked at the others and an idea popped into my head. My eyes were immediately drawn to my mate Sam's grey t-shirt.

"Sam give me your shirt"

He looked down at his shirt and then back up at me with a confused look on his face. "Why?"

"Well, I can't wear this now can I? Its soaked" I grabbed the hem of my shirt and lifted it off revealing my bra to everyone on the street. Evelyn quickly covers Charlie and Ethan's eyes.

"Give me your shirt!" Sam quickly took off his shirt and handed it to me. I placed both my arms into the shirt and pulled it over my head. I borrowed a hair band from Evelyn and tied my hair into a high messy bun sweeping my fringe out of my eyes.

Evelyn brushed the shirt out and told me to tuck it in and we eventually made it to the cafe only 7 minutes late.

I rushed in and stood there opposite was caitlin. What was she doing here?? She sarcastically smiled and gave me a small wave. I stood next to her for our introduction to staff. she gave me a somewhat annoyed glance when she sees me walk in through the door but I ignored it as I wanted this job.

"im sorry im late"

"That's okay, don't let it happen again," Sadie the manager said whilst handing over an apron. "Caitlin, you will be in the Kitchen first and Lana you will be in the restaurant" we both nodded and left to go to our workstations. 

I was put with an older boy called Alphie and he was quite hot so I was not complaining. he took me through taking orders, making drinks, bringing food out to tables and clearing tables. it seemed pretty straightforward and I got the hang of everything quite quickly which I was proud about.

my first order was from Charlie and Ethan then sam. they only ordered drinks but it was still an order, I was shown how to make each drink and then shown safely to get them to a table. I was pretty proud of myself as I did not spill any. I also cleared some tables and dropped off dirty plates of to Evelyn as she was washing up. she gave me the are you okay look and I smiled and nodded.

I then headed back out and carried on taking orders until I had to go to the loo. I went to the toilet and washed my hands in the sink. just as I was wiping my hands clean Caitlin walked in..oh shit.

"I am surprised, I did not think you would show up" she reapplied her lipgloss to her thin lips.

"well one pathetic puddle trick is not gonna stop me" I rolled my eyes