Protect Baratie! The Great Pirate, Red Foot Zeff!

Lily's pov

"What are you doing?? You can't be serious!"

"If these pirates get their strength back we'll be completely taken over."

The cooks were protesting Zeff's actions. I was still sitting on the floor behind Sanji and Chef Zeff had just brought food for Don Krieg's men.

"That would be true, if they still had the will to fight. Tell me, did your will survive defeat?" Zeff questioned Krieg.

"That can't be."

"The great Don Krieg was defeated?"

"Not even he could do it. A pirate fleet of 50 ships couldn't make it on the Grand Line."

"It is you, isn't it? You're Red Foot Zeff. So you are alive. The unrivaled pirate captain who was also the ships cook." Krieg gasped.

"Yes that's right I'm still alive. But what has any of this got to do with you? I haven't been a pirate for many years now, I chose the life of a cook." Zeff answered. Krieg started laughing at him in response.

"Chose the life of a cook huh? Yea right, you didn't have a choice old man You live as a cook because the only thing you can be now is a cook. He was known far and wide. Red Foot Zeff was a master of deadly kicks, never used his hands in battle. It was said that with his mighty legs he could crush bedrock into sand and leave footprints on solid steel. Red Foot referred to his boots which became soaked in the blood of his enemies as he kicked them down. You know it really is a pity that you no longer have that precious leg of yours. I heard that rumor some time ago, how unlucky for you to have such an accident at sea. Now that your greatest weapon has been sacrificed to the sea you are defenseless, completely unable to fight." Krieg taunted.

"I don't need to fight anymore. I'm a cook, as long as I have my two hands for that I'll be just fine. Enough chit chat! Let's get to the point, what do you want from me?"

"Red Foot. You're the man who sailed the perilous waters of the Grand Line and came back unscathed. Impressive. There should be a logbook detailing your tactics, a full year of your journey there. Give it to me! NOW!"

"Woah. So is he saying you've been to the Grand Line too Pops?" Luffy asked.

"Yea. My log book huh? You're right, I do indeed have a record of my travels. But I will never hand it over to you. You ignorant brute. That logbook is sacred to me. It's the pride of the crewman that I sailed with, it's far too important to give to you." Zeff spat.

"Alright, I'll take it! Yes it's true that the Grand Line beat me, still, I will never give up on it! I am Don Krieg! In the end it's just another ocean. I had enough weapons, and men, and ambition! Regrettably, the only thing I lacked was information. I just didn't know enough, but now I'll fix all that. Once I have your logbook I'll make another fleet and claim the legendary one piece. THEN I WILL STAND AS RULER OF THIS GREAT PIRATE ERA!!"

Excuse me?? Um no. It's going to be me and Luffy. Plain and simple. This guy is irritating me. From the corner of my eye I could see Luffy start walking up to him. Feeling the same way I followed. It was cute how Sanji tried to keep me from moving though.

"Now hold on. It's us who're gonna be King and Queen of the pirates." Luffy declared pointing at Krieg. I stood next to him with my hands on my hips.

"WAIT! Don't be such idiots! You better back off chore boy, chore girl!" Patty yelled at as.

"No way. Not from this." Luffy said.

"Did you say something kids? I won't allow that kind of stupidity again." Threatened Krieg.