Chapter 27

If I may have my say, I could definitely make a full report on the boys without any bias.

I could say they were crazy, stupid and crazy. Did I already say crazy?

I would also add all synonyms of the word, but that would be a long list. Their names would be included, of course, because they were the perfect puns.

That night, when Georgie drove me somewhere out of town so she could continue cussing and word-murdering Jordan Ledesma and her family, I knew I was about to die. I was almost certain I was at the end of my mileage years.

So this was what happened:

We were driving through the winding road of Don Salvador (please, don't ask how she came up with the idea to go there) when we almost ran over a cliff. Seriously, I had volunteered myself to run over Brian off a cliff back in Campuestohan, but I was not really serious. Do you get what I mean?

Good thing I had great breaks. Georgie could have been trying a drift technique on a huge bend and failed so we kind of turned a hundred and eighty degrees, my skid marks clearly visible on the road. If it were not for her fast reflexes and my well-maintained breaks, one of the very few things the boys made sure I had on that was working, I would now be drinking the best diesel gas in a gas tank made of glass with Volkswagen, my creator.

But fate had stored more crazy things for me to experience and it spared us both.

Georgie was breathing so fast and neither of us said anything for almost thirty minutes. No other vehicles passed by during that length of time and we were left in the middle of the road doing nothing, trying to convince ourselves that we were alive.

"Something has to be done," was all Georgie said after a while.

Yeah, right. Sell me to someone who is not crazy. Please, I beg you!

*****

Jackie felt lightheaded when they left her parents' home.

"I should probably take you back to the apartment. We can have that talk tomorrow," Dean told her.

She shook her head twice and regretted it. The dizziness got worse. "No," she said, swallowing hard. "I need to say what I have to say before any other distractions or delays happen."

Dean glanced at her direction and nodded. "Okay. We'll talk at my place."

She groaned.

"There's something wrong with my place?"

"No, it's just that I don't want to step inside your place if we are going to talk about what we are going to talk about." She could hear her speech slurring but she could still comprehend everything. "And don't tell me I am drunk. I am not. Just a little tipsy."

"Then where do you want to talk, Jackie?"

"Let's go get some coffee first."

He took a breath and let it out slowly, making her aware that he was trying to be patient. "Okay. But you have to make up your mind after that. Because in my own point of view, you are not even sure if you want to tell me whatever it is. You've been trying to delay everything. You say you want to talk and then the next moment, something happens."

"No, this time, we are going to have that talk. Just get me my coffee first."

*****

"Why did you move out of your home?" Dean asked as a while later as Jackie finished her coffee. They dropped by a convenience store, the only place open during that time and ordered a coffee on the go.