Chapter 21

It was not a very unproductive Monday for me because the narcissistic BMW was finally able to give me news about the owner of the mysterious BMW lurking around the boys’ apartment and at Art District. And I had to praise my parking lot neighbor for being thorough with its inquiries because it gave me a specific name.

Jordan Ledesma.

Of course, I didn’t know the guy! I hadn’t heard his name before, but I had a strong impression that he was someone powerful or something. For one, he owned a BMW and like the owner of the narcissistic BMW, he should be rich. And second, the last name Ledesma was common among the upper class around town.

But why is a Ledesma watching the boys?

Now this was another mystery I had to uncover. No one was hurting my boys over my dead, rusty, metallic/tin body!

  *****

Late that afternoon, Jackie’s team had an emergency meeting with Dean Gamboa.

“Our clients need a concrete plan for the event as soon as possible. They want to push the event earlier than scheduled.”

Everyone groaned.

And the conference room was full of buzz when Dean added, “The event’s in two weeks.”

Jackie was busily muttering a complaint to Karen while her friend was doing the same.

“So I guess we should go with Ms. Ramos’ Panaad Festival concept,” Dean said over the collective noise.

Jackie was still in her own world saying, “and I have already contacted everyone! How do I call all of them and re-schedule? The photographers are very hard to negotiate with in the first place and--” when Dean’s words finally reached her ears and eventually her brain. She whirled around sharply and cried, “What?!”

Everyone fell silent. No one had ever raised their voice in the conference room except Dean Gamboa himself.

But their boss didn’t seem to mind because he was busy looking at the papers before him saying, “Yes, Ms. Ramos, we will push through with your idea. And as I remember,” he looked up and met Jackie’s eyes this time, “you promised you’d handle this project more actively if your idea happens to be chosen.”

Jackie could already feel the pressure building up. All those contacts she had to call back, the venue she had to re-schedule and the theme! And it just dawned on her that her ambitious idea might just get her in trouble, or worse, fired.

But she had to do it. It was her idea. She had to prove to Dean and everyone else that her idea would work. She just needed to focus and act fast!

She felt Karen nudge her side. “You should probably answer something.”

“What?” She then looked at their boss who was looking at her expectantly. She cleared her throat, trying to brush aside the image of Dean Gamboa closing in on her face for a kiss. “Yes, of course, sir. I will do my best.”

“Good! Everybody get back to work. I need results by the end of this week.”

Chairs were pushed back and feet rushed to the door.

“Ms. Ramos, please stay behind,” Dean said when she started to stand up.

“Me?”

“Yes,” he said, his head bent on the papers before him.

He waited until everyone was out before he looked up and met her gaze.

It was still awkward for her. Awkward!