Chapter 26

I heard somewhere that dates are the sweetest fruits but for some reason they could not be converted into refined sugar for everyday use. I would say that their human counterparts are Jackie and Dean because, really, I could not even describe how their relationship evolved to the cheesy one I had to suffer every now and then.

They would steal kisses while onboard and Dean would drop, if he was in the mood, the most nerve-wrecking lines you could only hear from songs after a kiss or before that.

And I was grateful that I was not within their fifty-mile radius right now because I needed a break.

Georgie was driving me out of town again and I knew where we were going based on her grip around my steering wheel. I was very certain she was eager to get to our destination as fast as she could and then leave as fast as we came.

She was going home again.

Did this trip have anything to do with that Jordan Ledesma guy?

I wanted that guy out of the picture. Jackie’s crazy problems were enough to drive me crazy as it was.

When we finally arrived, my earlier theory was finally proven because right there where Georgie used to park me was the BMW of no other than Jordan Ledesma himself.

Plate number JDN000. Yes, it was that same customized plate number I very well remembered.

Georgie parked me right beside the BMW and climbed out. She stayed there watching the BMW with her chest heaving and her hands on her hips. She was trying to calm herself down, I knew it.

When she walked to the house, I prayed I had supersonic powers because I desperately wanted to hear what was going on inside.

Hey there, I said to the BMW.

It didn’t answer. It ignored me like I was just some yellow poop on the ground.

Racist, I muttered. I didn’t bother to build rapport with the car once again.

After a long, awkward silence on my part (the strongest I had to endure), Georgie finally emerged out of the double doors. Well, she actually slammed the doors open, turned around and slammed them shut with her full might.

Ah, yes, the bratty side of Georgie not most of us would often see.

She stormed toward me and to my full surprise, she didn’t immediately climb onboard. She took out her tool bag and then the knife.

My headlights almost popped out of their sockets once again.

Hey, Georgie, what the hell are you doing? I asked after her as she stormed to the BMW and stabbed the right front tire.

No! What the hell is wrong with you, boys? Tire killers!

But she was not even hearing me--if she could--because unlike Jackie, she didn’t mind the sudden blaring of the alarm. Instead, she walked to the left front tire and stabbed it as well. Next were the back tires.

She climbed inside me and started my engine. It was that same time when Jordan Ledesma ran out of the house, Georgie’s family tagging along.

“Georgina!” her mother, an older version of Georgie, cried out in anger.

“What the hell did you do?!” Jordan Ledesma’s angry voice cried out but Georgie drove off without a word.

“That was Jackie-inspired, Toto,” she told me as we exited the large gates.

I was hoping you wouldn’t say that, I groaned. 

*****

Jackie was feeling weird the entire day in the office.