(( 30 ))

Gabbie's POV

"What's wrong? I don't know Grayson. You tell me what's wrong."

"Gab..."

"Was I not good enough for you?" I asked quietly.

"Gabbie it's not that."

"Then what was it?"

"I just slowly wasn't feelin' it anymore."

"That makes zero sense but that's besides the point. Why'd you lie about the reason for the breakup?"

"I didn't wanna hurt you."

"You sure about that?"

"I'm sorry."

I don't know how I feel right now. I can't wrap my head around this.

"Did Ethan know?"

"No."

"It would've hurt less if you just told me then and there instead of telling me now. Because either way, I would've been hurt. We went through so much and then you go and say you 'slowly weren't feeling it anymore'?"

"I know and I'm sorry. But I meant it when I said you deserved better than me. And you still do."

"I don't wanna talk about this anymore."

"Gabbie."

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry."

"K."

I walked into the kitchen to get water. I was extra and looked out the window like they do in the movies. Grayson walked over and held me from behind.

He rested his chin on my shoulder, "I'm sorry."

"I just don't understand why you lied."

"I shouldn't have."

I sighed.

"What's going through your head right now?"

"I don't know."

"Let's just chill on the couch like we always do."

"I'm just gonna go to my room." I got out of his grip.

"Do you want me to leave?" he asked.

"I don't care."

Grayson's POV

So that means she wants me to stay.

She got into bed and I laid right beside her. She turned around and faced me. I pulled her in closer.

"Do you still love me then?" she whispered. "You said you fell out of love."

"I never stopped. A few weeks after we broke up, I realized that I lost something so precious in my life."

"Was everything you said earlier fake?"

"I meant every word. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and only you."

"Oh."

"I also wanted to tell you that I'm going outside of the state for a while." I said.

"But..."

"We'll make everything work."

"How long are you gonna be gone?"

"A year and a half at most."

"Oh..."

"I'll be back sooner than you think though okay?"

"When do you leave?"

"In a few days."

"And you didn't tell me until now?"

"I just found out last night. We'll make everything work. We're gonna be okay."

"And if we're not?"

"You can't be so negative like that."

"Yeah well..."

"We're gonna make everything work."

"Where are you going?"

"California."

"Oh."

"Don't worry okay? We're gonna be fine. I'll be back sooner than you think and we'll be together. We have FaceTime and texting and all that."

day of leaving

Today is the day my family and I leave. Gabbie's driving all of us to the airport. She has errands to run so she can't go in and watch us go through security and head toward our terminal and all that cheesy shit that goes on in the movies.

"Don't forget me okay?" she said.

"You're so overdramatic. What is this? Teen Wolf 6a?" I kissed her.

"Thanks for bringing us to the airport. We'll see you soon." my mom smiled and hugged her. She and my dad went in to check in our bags.

"I'll miss you queen." she hugged Cameron.

"I'll miss you too."

"And you." she looked at Ethan.

"I'll miss you too. Even though I want to strangle you half the time." she widened her eyes, "who am I suppose to spill tea with now?"

"Suddenly, I'm staying." Ethan pulled her in for a hug.

"Come back soon okay?"

"I make no promises."

"We'll meet you in there." Cam told me.

"This isn't goodbye." I said.

"This is a... it's a see you later."

"It's a see you later." I smiled.

"I gotta get going, but tell me when you land okay?"

"I will." I kissed her and started walking into the airport. I slowly turned around and saw her still standing there. She stood there and waved. I smiled and walked into the airport. On to new beginnings.