(( 16 ))

Grayson's POV

It was so weird having Gabbie invite me to get breakfast with her. En route the road to recovery?

"So where do you wanna go?" she asked as we hopped into her car.

"Where do you wanna go? You're the one that's driving. I'm just the backseat driver."

"Doesn't mean you don't have an opinion on it." she shrugged, "I don't wanna take you somewhere and we get there and you're like, 'ew. I hate this place. I never wanna eat with you ever again.'"

"I'm not Ethan. I'm not that extra."

"You sure about that?"

"No."

"Let's just go back to my house. My mom's probably making waffles or something."

"Is her kitchen still open?"

Her mom's always told her that if she doesn't eat when it's time to eat, her kitchen closes and she's not making food until the next meal.

"It's only 10am. Jenny's still not up yet. So there's a chance it still is."

"Your mom's waffles are the bomb diggity."

"That's it. Get out my car. No one says, 'bomb diggity' anymore. Bye." she laughed.

"I just came out to have a good time and I am honestly feeling so attacked right now."

"Grayson... I haven't even started the car yet, let alone leave the driveway. What do you mean, you 'came out to have a good time'? Did you mean just coming out of your room? Coming out of the bathroom? Coming out of the kitchen?"

"You think you're so funny."

"I know I'm funny."

"This reminds me of the old times. Except we're missing Ethan."

"This reminds me of the little dates we used to go on when Ethan had plans with his other friends and it was just us two."

"Didn't we egg someone's house once?"

"Yes, but we had good intentions."

"Can I ask you something else? After this question, if I'm allowed to ask you something. Maybe three, depending on your answer."

"Uhh... sure??"

"Are we good?"

"I don't know."

"Then why are we getting breakfast together?"

"Do you not wanna get breakfast? Because I won't be offended if you don't want to."

"I do. I'm just asking."

"You just got out of a relationship and I don't know how you feel about that, so I'm trying to comfort you."

I feel worse about this whole situation with her and Ethan than I care about my breakup with Brooke.

She's being my shoulder to lean on because I just got out of an ugly relationship. Something that I failed to do for her. I mean yeah we broke up, but that didn't mean that I couldn't help make her feel better. That didn't mean that I shouldn't have just abandoned her and let Ethan pick up the pieces.

Gabbie's POV

We got to my house and Ethan texted me.

Asshelmet 👊🏼: where the hell did you go? Where's Grayson?

Me: he's with me, we're eating mom's homemade waffles if you'd like to come.

Asshelmet 👊🏼: mom made her waffles?
Fuck
I'm omw

I smiled and locked my phone.

"Ethan's on his way." I told Grayson and took another bite of my waffle.

"Do you want me to make waffles for him too?" my mom asked.

"Yes please."

She nodded.

Maybe this is where we properly discuss the situation and move on.

10 minutes went by and Ethan showed up.

"Morning, Mrs. Pierson." he said as he walked in. He and I have spent so much time together my mom said I may as well make him a copy of our keys. And then proceeded to threaten him saying if he throws any parties here she's changing the locks and neither one of us is getting a key.

"Good morning, Ethan. I'll have a plate ready for you in just a bit."

"How did h–" Grayson said.

"Don't ask." I replied.

My mom served him his waffles and went upstairs to get ready for work.

"Thank you. You're the best."

I cleared my throat.

"So. Since we're all here."

"Gabbie." Ethan glared at me.

"We have to."

Grayson sat there awkwardly as Ethan and I argued over this.

"We're going to have to address this situation sooner or later." I said.

"Whatever." he said defeated.

"I don't know how to make it up to you guys." Grayson played with the leftover syrup on his plate.

"I gave you proof and you still chose her." Ethan said aggressively.

He made it sound like she was a Pokémon. I wanted to laugh but this was a serious matter so I had to keep it together.

Grayson's POV

"I know and I'm sorry."

"I think it's time we just get over it." Gabbie shrugged, "I mean, we don't have to completely forgive him. We can just accept his apology and work our way back to where we were."

"Seems logical I guess." Ethan rubbed his chin.

"So it's settled."

"You accept my apology?"

"Yes." they both said.

"Three musketeers?" I put my hand in the middle.

Gabbie smiled and put her hand in.

"Ethan?" I asked.

He looked at Gabbie before hesitantly putting his hand in.

"Three musketeers." he smiled.

"If you do this again, I will literally end you." Gabbie said.

Joke's on her because this isn't going to happen again. I'm going to rekindle our relationship and we're going to get back together. This whole situation is going to be gone forever and never to be seen again.

"Can we just not bring this back up again? Like ever." I asked.

"Agreed. This was all such a big mess." Gabbie shook her head.