(( 1 ))

Gabbie's POV

"Hey Gabs." Grayson walked over.

We broke up a few months ago and I still haven't gotten over him. We're friends now and pretty close, but it just isn't the same. He's moved on and started dating this girl named Brooke. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the kid, I just wish I could move on too. Or better yet, I just wish we'd work things out and get back together.

The breakup was a mutual agreement, at least he thinks. I just said it's okay because I didn't wanna make a scene. I was in the mindset where if I made a scene and cried about it, it would be awkward for the both of us.

"Hey." I smiled.

All this fake smiling makes me want to die.

"How's it going?"

"Eh. Nothing much. Same ol' same ol'." I shrugged.

"Well, Brooke's having a party tonight and I wanted to know if you would wanna come?"

Literally, every single thing is about Brooke. Don't call me out on this because I already know: I'm fucking jealous as fuck of the girl.

It's always:

"Brooke wants to do this"

or

"Brooke wants to do that."

or

"Let's do that because Brooke suggested it."

IT NEVER ENDS.

He just never makes time to hang with me anymore. He doesn't even make time for his own brother. So Ethan and I hang out a lot.

"I already made plans with E. Rip."

"You're always hanging with him." he chuckled.

Well yeah, you never wanna hang with him anymore so...

I chuckled too. What the hell was I suppose to say?

Honestly, he doesn't even know the other side of Brooke. She's one of those girls where when the significant other isn't around, they threaten the ex. Literally, she walked up to me and told me to back off of Grayson because he has her now and I need to move on. I never told Grayson because I knew he wouldn't believe me. So I told Ethan, he said he wasn't surprised. Which explains why I don't wanna hang out with them. Too problematic.

Grayson's POV

I don't get why Gabbie doesn't ever wanna hang out with me and Brooke. She's a cool girl. She's funny, has a great personality, always looking out for the people she cares about. I don't see what's not to love.

"Yeah sorry. Ethan and I had already made plans prior to your invite."

"Tell him to come as your plus one."

"Is this an invite only party?"

"Pretty much yeah."

"Nah it's okay. Partying isn't my scene. But maybe next time?"

That's what she always says and "next time" is never a thing.

"Alright then."

Gabbie's POV

I'm normally not the jealous type or whatever. I don't understand what's so different about Grayson. I'm honestly not over him and I don't know if or when I'll ever be.

------

Masterlist:

Ethan
My Cinderella Story
No Place Like Us
One Night
Love Game

Grayson
Changes
Find My Way Back
I Like Me Better
Remember
No Control

Jack G
Holding Back
Redemption (sequel to HB)

Kian
Crush

Tom Holland
Back To You

Peter Parker
Right Now
Secrets

Harry Holland
Been Here All Along
Dear Harry,