Chapter 10

I felt my body being lifted up.  I opened my eyes to see a bright environment.  I felt hands around my arms and ankles.  I blinked a few times to get my vision back.

"She's coming!"  An echo said.

"Chick?"  The voices came in and out like a radio.

"Chick, can you hear me?  Chick?"

I looked up and saw Captain Lennox.  I looked at the ground.  We were still in the museum.  "Sam...  Where's-- where is Sam?  No.  I need to find him."  I stood up by myself and I looked around.  I saw the hole in roof.

"Chick, no.  You're arm is broken.  You need rest.  I have some of my team looking for him," Lennox said.

I shook my head.  "I need to find Sam!"  I shouted.  I ran towards the stairs Sam and I ran up.  I started jogging up them, skipping one step.  I looked up and I had like thirty more flights to climb.  I heard footsteps behind me.  I climbed all the way to the top, when I heard a robotic voice again.

It was Megatron.  He was still looking for Sam.  How long was I unconscious?

"Lennox?"  I asked.  "How long was I out?"

"About half an hour," Lennox replied.

"No.  Sam's been here a half hour?"  I said.

I opened the door to the roof.  There was a ladder I needed to climb.  I climbed up the ladder with my right hand only as I felt the pain from my left arm kick in now.  I jumped onto the roof and ran across it.  There was an opening and I saw Sam.

"Hey!"  He yelled.

"Sam!"  I shouted back.  "Sam!"

I ran over to him.  I hugged him tightly, not caring about any of my pain in my body.  I looked over his shoulder and saw helicopters.

"Megatron?"  Sam asked.

I shrugged.  "Wasn't there when I woke up."

"Light the flare!"  Lennox yelled.

Sam ran through clothing.  I followed him as he lit the flare, sparking it by a wall. 

"Chick, I gotta go.  My men are waiting," Lennox said.

"Who was with you?"  I asked.

"My medic.  Now go!  Go protect your brother!"  Lennox said, pushing me in his direction.

I turned around, feeling tears swell in my eyes.  I ran after Sam who was yelling at the helicopters.

"Hey!  We're over here!"  He said, waving the flare.  It was burning smoke in my face.

I ran after Sam like I always did.  I looked to my left and saw Megatron.  "Sam!  Bad idea!  Bad idea!"

"Yeah!  Bad idea!"  Sam repeated.  "There's a helicopter!"

Sam started to hand the military the Cube when Sam yelled, "Watch out!"

"Missile!"  The guy in the helicopter yelled to the pilot.

The missile hit the top of the helicopter, blowing out the propellers. 

Sam ducked down to the ground.  I followed his lead as soon as I saw the helicopter flying towards us.  Sam yelled.  "Ahhh!"

I screamed.  I crawled over to Sam with my broken arm.  Sam held the Cube in his arms, keeping it protected.

"Hang on, children!"  I heard another robotic voice yell.  I looked over the edge and saw Optimus Prime hurdling towards us.