Chapter 8: Part 1

After finding Sam, Lennox had put a tension band around my torso where my ribs were broken.  He washed the cuts on my head and said he'd have to put stitches in.  He did so, but it hurt like crazy.  He led me back to my brother.

I walked into his arms as he stood up.  "Are you okay?"  I asked.

He nodded.  "Yeah," he said.  "You look like you could use some more medical attention."

"Yeah, trust me.  I have all I need," I said.  I smiled at Lennox when the door opened.

Agent Seymour Simmons walked in.  "Follow me," he said.  He just turned and walked out.

Lennox looked at his partner in the room.  Epps?  He's still with us?  I waited for Epps to walk out, me joining his side.

"Hey, Witwicky," Robert Epps said.  "Long time no see."

I nodded.  "Yeah," I said.  "It's been a long time, hasn't it?"

"Just a year," he said.

I laughed.  "Anything interesting going on?"

"Just in a war with robots.  Nothing cool or anything," Epps said.  I could tell he was having a hard time holding in his excitement.

I looked ahead and saw Lennox following Simmons.  "Man, that Simmons guy really gets on my nerves.  Can I just eat him?"

"No, you can't eat him!"  Epps said.

"Dammit," I said.

Epps laughed.  "I miss having my little sister back in action."

I smiled.  He was my brother I never had.  "I missed being out there with you guys."

"Well, there was nothing to be happy about," he said.  "Just that we survived is all."

"Survived?  You were the NEST crew to get lost in the desert?"  I asked.

Epps nodded.  "Yeah," he said.  "Scariest thing in my life."

"No, it's not," I said in disbelief, still walking down the hallway.

"You're right.  Just between you and me, it's going on the Leviathan in Canada's Wonderland," he said.  "Whew!  That was scary."

"Are you serious?"  I asked.

"Deadly serious," he said.

We both laughed, Lennox looking back at us, wondering why we were laughing.  I watched Sam and Mikaela.  I'm glad he found her.  He really needed someone.  He was starting to go crazy.

"What you are about to see is extremely classified," Simmons shouted.  He opened the door and walked into a huge room.  I jogged up and stood beside Lennox in astonishment.

"What the hell is that?"  Lennox asked.

"That's a big-ass robot," I heard Epps reply from behind me.

"Damn right," I said.

"We think when he made his approach over the North Pole, our gravitational field screwed up his telemetry," Simmons said.

"How do you know that?"  I asked.

"Science," he replied.  "He crashed in the ice, probably a few thousand years ago.  We shipped him here to this facility in 1934.  We call him NBE One."

Sam spoke.  "Sir, I don't mean to correct you on everything you think you know, but, I mean, that's Megatron."

"That's why he looked familiar!"  I exclaimed from the opposite side of the pack. "Thanks, Sam!"