Chapter 8: Part 2

"Raptor, Raptor, do you copy?" Epps asked.

"We have you visual," the aircraft replied.  The Raptor flew above us quickly.

"Green smoke is the mark," Lennox said.  "Provide air cover a d vector Black Hawks for extraction."

I looked over my shoulder and saw Ironhide above us.  "It's Starscream!"  He yelled.

"Please tell me you copy," Epps said into the radio.

"Back up!  Take cover!"  Ironhide said.

"Bumblebee!"  I heard Jazz's voice boom out.

"Jazz!"  I shouted.  I have never felt a connection like this before.  I started to run forward when Sam pulled me backwards.  "Let go!"

"Witwicky, if you go out there right now, you could die.  Let them handle it," Lennox said to me.

"Retreat!  Fall back!"  Lennox yelled.  He ran around the trucks as they were starting to move.

"Incoming!"  Jazz yelled.

Jazz and Bumblebee were lifting a transport truck up to protect us.  One of Starscream's missiles hit the ground in front of the truck, causing debris to fly upward.

I jumped behind a mail box to protect myself from the flying pieces of rock.  The next missile hit the transport.  Jazz and Bumblebee flew backwards, the transport catching on fire.  Dirt flew on top of me, a telephone pole landing on my leg.

I looked around the mailbox, trying to avoid the pain.  I put my head back on the mailbox, resisting the throbbing.  I tried to move my leg.  I saw Jazz was on his back.  "Are you okay?"  I asked him.

"I'm alright," Jazz said, standing up again.  "Whew!  That was epic!"

"Everyone okay?  Anyone hurt?"  Epps yelled.

"Clear the area!"  Lennox had said. 

I tried to move my leg from under the pole, but it was too heavy.  I whimpered from the pain.  "Lennox!"  I shouted.  "Sam!"

"Chick!"  Lennox replied.  "Where are you?"

"Mailbox!"  I said.  I bit my lip, trying to take the pain away from my leg.

Lennox slid by me.  He knelt beside me and looked at the pole.  "Jazz!  Help me!  The pole fell.  She needs help," he said.

Jazz nodded and bent over, lifting the pole like it was nothing and dropping it beside me.  He transformed back into his car and drove beside Bumblebee.

Lennox grabbed my arm and helped me up.  He wrapped his arm around my waist.  I leaned on him for support.  "Can you walk?"  Lennox asked.

"I can limp," I said.

"That's all I'm asking," Lennox said.  He left me and went over to Epps, talking to him.

I noticed Sam and Mikaela beside Bumblebee, Jazz sitting there.

"Your legs," Sam said.  "Here.  Here, back, back, back, back!"  He said to Jazz.  "You all right?"

Bumblebee crawled towards Sam.  "Please get up.  Bumblebee?  Get up!"

Bumblebee groaned and his voice crumbled to pieces.

"Ratchet!"  Sam yelled.  "Ratchet!"

"What the hell was that?"  Lennox yelled at Epps.

"What are you talking about?"  Epps asked in return.

"What do you mean what am I talking about?  They shot at us!"