Chapter 2

I hung out in Sam's room most of the time. Sam's my cooler older brother and I respect him always. Sam was looking around his room for something. I sat on his bed.

"Alright, Chick. I got the car. Now I need the girl," he said.

"So how are you going to do that?" I asked. He threw me his car keys. I caught them and he sat at his computer checking his eBay page.

"I need money to take the girl out is what I need," he said. He clicked something. "Zero bids."

"Does anyone really want to buy those stupid glasses?" I asked.

He ignored me. "Great. Broke."

I chuckled. "Doesn't Mojo need to take hi pain pills again?"

"That's exactly what I was going to say. Mojo!" He called.

The little Chihuahua came limping into the room. He jumped up on my legs, licking my hands. "Hey, there, Mojo. Go to Sammy," I said.

He barked and ran over to Sam, skidding to a stop.

I didn't even know where Sam was, but I could here him talking to himself. "Nothing. You know, just driving my car. Driving my car." He said loudly.

He came out of his bathroom with Mojo's pain meds. The dog was sitting on Sam's desk. "It's like clockwork," he said. He looked at the dog. "Alright, I know you get wasted in these things, but if you piss in my bed again, you're sleeping outside. Okay?" He fed Mojo one pill. "That's it for today. No more. Crackhead."

"Do you always talk to yourself? You could have a normal conversation," I said.

"I am. I'm talking with my dog," he replied.

"No, you're talking. He's ignoring everything you say because he doesn't understand English."

"Do you want to come with me, or are you just staying here?" Sam asked. "Give me my keys."

"Alright, alright," I said. I tossed them up and followed Sam outside. He walked on the grass and I followed him. As soon as we stepped down dad spoke up.

"Oh, kids. I do not like footprints on my grass," Dad said.

"What foot... There's no footprints," Sam argued.

"That's why I built my path. So why don't you go from my grass onto my path, okay?" Dad asked.

"It's family grass, dad," Sam said, moving to the path. I quickly followed.

"Well, when you own your own grass, you'll understand," Dad said.

"I can't do this anymore," I said to mom.

"What?" She asked.

Sam chimed in. "You're putting girl jewelry on a boy dog, mom. He's got enough self-esteem issues as a Chihuahua."

"That's his bling," Mom said.

"No..." I said.

"I want you both home at eleven o'clock!" She yelled.

Sam got in the driver's seat of his faded painted Camaro. I got in the passengers seat in the front.

"Yep!" I yelled. I shut the door and Sam did too.

"Please, for the love of God, drive safely," our mother said.

"Heard it all before, Mom," Sam whispered to me.

I laughed and looked for a seatbelt. "I think we should invest in a seatbelt or two..."

"We? Now you're helping me with my investment problems?" Sam asked.