29. FINAL TOUCHES (Edited)

One week later

Cindy's POV

I had no idea that planning a wedding was going to be this stressful. Between the wedding dress, cake, and decor, even with people helping me out, it still felt like quite a lot.

''Cindy, my dear, come on, we're waiting for you." I took a deep breath. Looking at myself in the mirror astounded me. I never imagined myself in a wedding dress, but here I was.

I have always dreamed of being Cinderella, and here I was, in a satin ball gown dress and a boob tube bodice filled with crystals. I walked out of the room, and everyone stood there waiting for me. My mother-in-law, Sharon, and Breyela

The looks on their faces were unexplainable. Everyone was smiling and crying, and some were looking cynical.

Mom is not here at all; I miss her. Dad would not walk me down the aisle, and my sisters would not be my bridesmaids as I had dreamed.

I could not stop the tears from falling from my eyes. Felix's mother rushed towards me, held me in her embrace, and cried with me.

They did not know the reason for my tears. It was not their fault that they did not know the root of my pain.

Felix's mother, still holding me in her embrace, kissed me on the cheek. More tears fell from my eyes.

"Are you sure you like this dress? Because if you asked all of us, we'd say you look like a princess, and my son is the luckiest man in the world to marry a woman like you."

"I love the dress. Thank you"

''No, don't thank me. You are a gift to our family. Now, my dear Cindy, bask in your glory."

We were sitting at the coffee shop, waiting for the men to arrive. Not long after, Felix and Kyle arrived at our table.

Felix greeted everyone and kissed me on the lips. It's funny how almost a month has passed and we are closer together than before.

While everyone continued to chat with one another, I noticed that Felix was not quite himself. Felix was always cheerful around me these days, but that was gone, replaced with a bitter look, and he was staring daggers at Kyle.

''Um, babes, how was shopping?" I asked him, trying to get his attention before someone noticed his strange behavior. He looked away from Kyle and smiled at me, trying to reveal his pearly whites to me.

"It was great love. I chose a suite that you will love."

"Can I see it?"

"Only if you show me your wedding dress, then we might come to an agreement." Felix's mother was quick to object to Felix's request.

"No! Don't you know that it is bad luck to see the bride's dress before the wedding?" She asked him, leaving me to smile at Felix.

"Mother, of all people, you should know that it's all superstitions created by—I don't know, someone, I guess."

We all laughed and continued eating our lunch. While everyone chatted, I knew something was wrong with Felix.

Felix's POV

Felix, why not cut all this fairytale crap you're trying to fulfill? You and I both know that you are way out of that peasant girl's league."

I turned to face Kyle, and something in me almost snapped. Here I was standing with someone who was supposed to be my best friend, trying on suits for my wedding day, and he was badmouthing my woman.

"Kyle I refuse to repeat myself, but I will tell you this. If you love yourself, then I suggest you refrain from ever saying anything bad about my fiancé."

Kyle stared at me for a while and walked towards me, both of us staring at each other eye-to-eye, man to man.

"I can't believe this; you love her. Huh! I never thought I would see a day when you would fall in love. But I'm sorry, best friend, but I don't approve of this wedding."

"And who said I needed your approval?"

"But I'm your best man."

"Only because my mother still thinks that we were best buds. So get your act together, Kyle."

"How can you even think of marrying her? She has no family, no friends, and no money."

"That's where you, my friend, are wrong. She is marrying me. She will have a family; she will be part of my family. I will be her best friend, and she will have money because I will give her that and more."

"I hope you're signing a prenuptial agreement, right?"

Silence

"Oh my goodness, Felix, do you really believe that she's in it for love?"

"I'm not giving her a prenuptial agreement. Come to think of it, I heard your investors are selling their shares in your little business; it seems like you're the one who's getting poor." I could not help but feel for him, but the other part of me felt that I needed to get it out.

"You know, Felix, enjoy this moment because it won't last very long."

I watched Kyle walk out of my sight, but something about his threat unsettled me. In my heart, I prayed that it had nothing to do with Cindy.

"Felix!"

I quickly snapped out of my thoughts, only to find Cindy staring down at me with a tray of coffee in hand. She placed it on my office desk and ran her hands down the edge of my jawline.

"Having second thoughts about the wedding?"

"No. No, I'm not; it's just that today was—"

"Kyle?" Cindy asked me.

"What?" I tried playing dumb, but clearly, she knew me too well.

''Felix, can we just stop pretending? I know very well that Kyle did something, and if it is causing you to think as hard as I saw you a while ago, then it must be serious."

"Kyle was just being himself," I joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Felix I've known you for months now, and Kyle being himself isn't really good news because it often involves him badmouthing me and getting to you."

''Cindy, our wedding is a few days away, and I don't think we should bother ourselves with Kyle."

"Or that whore—forgive my language, I just had to—"

"It's okay, Cindy. Honestly, I get how you feel, and I don't blame you for feeling that way."

''Okay, so have a drink of your coffee before it gets cold; otherwise, I'll have to make you more, and I can't do that because I've got laundry and ironing to do."

"Can you stop that?"

She stared at me idly.

"Stop what?"

"All those chores. Don't you get it? You are about to become Mrs. Cindy Felix Martini."

"So, that doesn't mean that I have to stop doing chores. Oh, and don't think of arguing with me."

''Cindy, you have no idea what power my name holds."

''Actually, I don't know about your name, title, or anything else. All I know is that I'm marrying a very good man who puts everyone else before himself, and that to me is more important than money or any name."

She kissed me on my lips and left my office, and then I knew that I was blessed with a wonderful and caring woman, and letting her slip from my hands would be the biggest mistake of my life.

She is the one, Mrs. Cindy Martini.