23. SAY IT LIKE IT IS! (edited)

Felix's POV

Four days later

"Good morning Mr. Felix!"

As soon I opened my eyes rays of light blinded my eyes. I covered my eyes and when it had adjusted to the light, I saw Cindy fixing up my curtains.

That is what Cindy has been doing for the past four days, taking care of me. Cindy made sure that I was driven home from the hospital, taken to bed on time, relaxed and took my medications on time. She did not even complain when I forgot to pay her, her wages on time.

"So are you going to sit there and stare at me or are you going to get up and wash?" She asked me and I simply smiled at home cartoon as she could be.

"Well I don't mind sitting here on my bed and admiring your beauty all day" I teased her, little smile that was on her face not so long ago disappeared, I was not surprised. Every time I complimented her on her looks, she shut me down.

"I've run a bath for you so—"

"Why do you do that?" I asked her, trying to get a clear understanding of what it was that made her react negatively to my compliments.

"Do what?"

"Shutting down my compliments or simply changing the subject and moving on like nothing had happened"

She folded my towel, placed it on my bed and then placed my toothbrush on top of my towel. She turned on her heel and turned her back towards me.

"When you're done with your bath, breakfast will be waiting for you downstairs" She informed as though this was a business discussion and the deal had just been closed.

I was speechless to say the least, but that is what I have been since I realized that I was in love with Cindy.

In love, where had that come from?

I took an extra-long bath, just soaking in the hot, flower-scented water. Shutting my eyes, I allowed myself to drift and dream. I am sure it had not been a dream; she kissed me on my forehead right before she left my side at the hospital four days ago. I got out of the bath, dried myself and dressed.

As I walked down the steps I heard a voice or voices of people talking inside the kitchen, I quickened my pace only to find Cindy sitting and having a cup of tea with my mother.

"Mom! Wh, what are you doing here" My mom turned to face me and for some reason both women burst out laughing at me.

"Oh hello my son and to answer your question I'm here to visit you"

"Why?"

"Let me back track your memory a bit, you were in the hospital four days ago and because I was in Paris I couldn't come and visit but now that I'm here and clearly I'm not welcomed by you"

Walking towards my mother, I wrapped my hands around her and kissed her on her cheeks.

"I'm sorry and I didn't mean to offend you, I was just a bit unprepared. It was just a little slip up on my behalf I guess"

Cindy took her cup of coffee and excused herself, leaving mother and son alone to talk.

"You know you were quite young when your father let you take over the company. I told him to let you live for yourself but he insisted that you were ready. There were days and night where we constantly argued about it until he gave up but—"

"Then he'd gotten ill and I had to take over the firm"

"Yes. Yes you did"

"How's dad doing?"